Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How is Sprint in NYC-NJ-CT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Jerseyphoneguy, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jerseyphoneguy

Jerseyphoneguy Junior Member

How good is Sprint's service in the tri-state area? From what I can tell it looks like they are 1900MHz everywhere. Does that mean they have poor reception inside buildings? How are they around Central Jersey and NYC? How do they compare to ATT/Cingular, better or worse?

2. adamj023

adamj023 Member

Verizons call quality and coverage is far superior out in Long Island and Queens and NYC than Sprint PCS which is why I switched. I have not used ATT/Cingular and cant comment on them. Verizon in the NY Metro area has superior coverage and everyone you speak to agrees which is why most people use them. Alot of people have tried all of them. When number portability came out, most of the accounts came pouring into Verizon. Verizon is the not the cheapest however.

Due to the mad rush however, customer service in the store is horrible. Phone customer support is still very good. And some areas have spectrum issues where calls will cut out not because of range but because the available spectrum is filled. Verizon supposedly will overlay 1900 along with 800 and only time will tell if it resolves the issues.

What you need to do is to trial the service for the 15 day period most carriers have and if you dont like it to return the phone to the store.

Between Sprint PCS and Verizon, Verizon is vastly superior due to the 800mhz frequency advantage. ATT/Cingular also have the 800 frequency advantage in this area and I would choose between those two and not between Sprint and Verizon.

3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Hey, dont count out Sprint for LI. They are still great there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...