Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How good is Siemens?

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by x7bren, Aug 12, 2007.

1. x7bren

x7bren Junior Member

My Phone:
    I WANT A DASH / BB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    I love their style of phones and really wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

But are they good phones?

**Remembers the CF62T Drama** :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Siemens has a really good reputation in Europe. I guess they aren't that popular in N. America, since they are a German company and focus is mainly in Europe, I guess.

Siemens merged with Benq on the cell phone side about a year ago, and I think BenQ has really mis-managed them. Also I don't really like BenQ and would be hesitant to buy any of their products. I really don't know how the BenQ-Siemens phones are. But the pre-merger Siemens phones are top-class devices, on par with Nokia, Ericsson or any other leading manufacturer. Better than any Korean stuff like LG or Samsung, in my humble opinion ;-)

On a side note, Siemens merged with Nokia on the network side about a year ago also, but that has nothing to do with your question of buying a phone ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x7bren

x7bren Junior Member

My Phone:
    I WANT A DASH / BB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Really all I had to go on was just how nice their phone are and of course how big they are in other areas.

in the US, I've seen only 3, 4 providers who carry under 5 of the same handsets. A very popular that did well was the Siemen's CF62t. But it had allot of software issues and problems and was an overall nightmare that I assume had T-Mobile running as far away from Siemens as possible.

Thanks for the info. Now where can I shop for them!!

4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    SonyEricsson are also well-made phones that had some software issues recently. I guess that happens to all phone manufacturers at one time or another. Usually that can be cured with a simple software upgrade.

I'm in Switzerland, so I don't know who carries Siemens phones in the US. But I am suprised that T-Mobile doesn't push them, since Siemens and T-Mobile are both German companies!

5. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    I'm not sure Siemens has had that great a reputation in Europe over the past few years. I think they were probably more associated with low and mid-range handsets and I can't say that I heard much about them in the same way as one hears news and reviews about SE, Nokia, etc products.

I had a siemens handset years ago; it wasn't too bad from what I can remember and it looked quite swish for the time, but one of the main reasons I took it was because the network gave me £100.

6. x7bren

x7bren Junior Member

My Phone:
    I WANT A DASH / BB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Well these guys have some awesome lookin phones. However i'm not sure if I wanna get one if I will run into problems.

As far as software goes.. The cf62t had allot of patches and none of them worked :(

7. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Siemens' handset division loses money hand over fist. I am surprised the shareholders have not demanded that the division be sold or shut down.

8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I had the Siemens A56i phone on the former AT&T Wireless network. It had the orange backlighting and no color. I had no bugs with it. Call quality was good on it. The only issue I had with it was the battery life... 2.5 hours talk time is pretty lousy for GSM phones. The phone was a tad bit small but i grew to like the size.