Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

how easy is it to...

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Gabriel, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i just upgraded to a V551, and i love the phone. the only problem is the stupid manual, it sucks. it does not explain the features the way it is supposed to. for example, i cant find a way to change SIM lock code, PIN1 or PIN2. the manual does mention them, but does not explain how to change them.

anyway, the phone is branded by cingular, and i am sure they took out a lot of menues and functions from it, such as web settings (in case you wanted to go to another country and use their GPRS or EDE networks).

how easy (or hard) is it to reflash the phone and have the factory-installed menus?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    did you check under "web sessions"? what you would need to do is edit one of the default settings to ones you want to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. siliconvalley785

My Phone:
    E62, BlackJack, L6, V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Actually, it's quite easy. Follow this guide (Yes, I know it's for the V3, but works for the V551 as well) and use the step marked "Getting rid of provider shop links" Make sure you read the intro stuff for the software you're going to need.

http://www.motox.us/motox101/v3_unbranding_guide.htm

Pritesh

4. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    thank you mr siliconvalley!! it seems really easy to do!! have you tried it before? does everything work as one would expect???

and tony, about the web sessions... so stupid! i found them, they were right under my nose!!! :)

5. Sportsman

Sportsman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Verizon
    I have tried this as well and works just like you say it does :D