Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- How does Sprint PCS remain in business

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by michialt, Mar 21, 2010.

1. michialt

michialt New Member

How is it that Sprint PCS manages to stay in business when not one piece of new technology works as advertised when it is release, then to make the problem worse their staff rarely gives accurate information to the customers?

I have gone through this hassle/dance with every new technology that I have purchased from Sprint PCS. I purchase ONLY from corporate stores and I I am now in the dance with the Overdrive.

Yesterday I went to the corporate store on Preston in Plano TX. I was told that the entire city of Plano was covered by 4G. They specifically looked up my home address and assured me that 4G would work at my home.

Needless to say I get home, hook up the Overdrive, and it connects with 3G. If I wanted 3G I would have kept my mifi.

Today I take the Overdrive back to the store, and they again check my home address and again say sure you should have good coverage. They replace the unit with another new unit and this time I power it on at the store, and sure enough I have 4G, so I keep an eye on it on 3 mile drive home. I lose 4G coverage just 2 blocks from the store and never regain coverage.

Now I get home and call their customer service who now tells me that my home address ONLY has 3G coverage. How nice, now I have a paperweight that is no better than my mifi, but now I have a 5gig cap on my downloads because that's the only plan available for the Under drive.

How disappointing... But then I shouldn't have expected anything better from Sprint, the Pre didn't work right till the 4th update, the Instinct never worked right, the mifi took 3 returns before it worked, the 6700 never got it right, the 6600 was a joke, and the list goes on and on and on. If it wasn't for the iPhone fiasco with network bandwidth, I would probably have changed providers a long time ago.

If anyone from Sprint reads this forum, maybe you could convince your product managers to not release hardware until it works as advertised, releasing it before it is ready is only feeding into the loss of customers you are experiencing.

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    check sprints coverage tool at Sprint - Nationwide Coverage . Make sure that you are actually in 4G coverage. You really have to give them some slack on 4G though. The tech is brand new, and only available in a few select markets. No one else even offers 4G anywhere else in the country.
    The Windows Mobile phones you bring up did have issues, but is that really Sprint? Those issues stemmed from HTC, and effected any model on any carrier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. michialt

michialt New Member

I checked that site, and it shows me as being dead center in "BEST" area....

As for the 4g thing, I am giving Sprint a break, I don't expect it to work anywhere they say it won't work... JUST where it's supposed to work is all I expect and honestly it doesn't obviously..

4. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Unless you're a masochist why would you stay with a company that performs as poorly as you say it does? It's not as if Sprint is the only game in town.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Experiences with any carrier including Sprint will vary from person to person. If they can't meet your needs then consider switching to one who can make you more happy.

6. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I had both Verizon and Sprint for my cell service and canceled Verizon, retaining Sprint. I've had nothing but great experiences for about 1 1/2 years now and I travel all over the place. Granted, I don't have a 4G phone but it's new technology and probably available sporadically in most markets as it's being implemented. Hopefully, by the time I get a 4G phone, any kinks will have been worked out.

7. RitaMae

RitaMae New Member

I feel your pain, having dealt with vitually all of the carriers extensively over the last 20 years, I think they all do that!

The Mifi and the Overdrive have both been a big disappointment. You might want to look at just a simple USB aircard and one of the mobile routers like the Cradlepoints. That gives you the portability of the USB stick when on the road and the functionality of a real router when at home.

Also, there are plans out there using the Sprint footprint that are unlimited still, just Google No Limit 3G.

HTH