Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How do I?

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by jrip, Jan 2, 2005.

1. jrip

jrip Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint,Boost
    I have Sprint and would like to know how to find out(on my phone) how to find out who's network I am roaming on. I see you guy's always talking about it with other carriers. Is it possible with Sprint? Thanks in advance.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I'm not sure whether or not Sprint phones show what SID you are using, to have someone help you with that we would also need to know what phone you are using. What you can always do while roaming is either dial 611(this will either connect you to the carrier you're using, or back to Sprint Customer care). If 611 does not work just dial a wrong number, like 555-55 or whatever, and you will get a recording, most likely with the name of the carrier you're roaming on.

3. jrip

jrip Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint,Boost
    I have found out how to find the SID#. The next question is how do I know who SID# is whos? Right now I am in N.Muskegon MI. and my phone says the SID# 4126. Now if i force it into roaming(analog) it says SID# 448. Whos SID#'s are these? And does anybody have a list of SID#'s for Michigan? Btw I found it under SETTINGS>PHONE INFO>ADVANCED.

4. jrip

jrip Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint,Boost
    Sorry just found all of the SID#'s in the breakdown of Sprints PRL's. Now I'll know whos network I am using, all over the country.