Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How do i open a wireless store?

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by kjupiter915, Aug 16, 2006.

1. kjupiter915

kjupiter915 New Member

I am looking to open a wireless store, independent of course. What sort of licenses do i need to acquire and what else do i need to know concerning T-Mobile. Any information would help me. Thanks

2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Typically just a local business license and resale permit. There may be state business licenses also.

First check out your area and see if it's already covered by stores. If it is opening the store might not be a good idea as it will be much tougher to make sales. Stores don't really get different commission scales so it will be hard to compete, it's not like you can lower the plan price. If looks like there is room for you then contact TMobile directly and ask for your area rep and master distributor. They'll give you all the details specific to your market.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. elmo01

elmo01 Senior Member

4. Isgrimnur

Isgrimnur Member

My Phone:
    SE T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
  5. nathos

nathos New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Re: Cingular dealer application

I could be wrong here, but I think it's rather difficult for an independent dealer to not be exclusive to one provider.

I think many of the perks given to a dealer require exclusivity.

6. elmo01

elmo01 Senior Member

Re: Cingular dealer application

there are 2 kinds of dealers exclusive...he sells for 1 provider only...and non-exclusive... sorta like an insurance agent....the latter is becoming rare these days

most carriers put activation quotas on these days that make it difficult to fufill if your sales are spread over several providers...radio shack seems to be doing OK tho...

7. minhchu58

minhchu58 New Member

I am living in toronto ontario , I would lke to open the wireless retail store. where can I can contact ( rogers, fido or telus or bell) I do not have any link could you help me
    thank

8. Cellular Guru

Cellular Guru Banned

Check your PM, I can help you get setup as a dealer