Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How do I get a Verizon service plan discount?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by supabenben, Jul 11, 2006.

1. supabenben

supabenben New Member

Question for all you Verzonites:

I want to switch to Verizon and want to know the best way to get a discount on their service plans. Not a phone discount or rebate, I know how to get those.

I've been a Sprint user for 6 years now. Why you ask? Because I got in with a 25% off any PCS services for being an employee of a big company. Now I'm addicted to a low monthly rate for my services. (just what Sprint wanted right?) I'm finally fed up with their poor service and ready to make the switch. However, if I buy a similar plan at Verizon retail rates, I'll be paying $33/month more. That's almost $400 dollars a year, that's a lot of diapers!

I know Verizon has better service in my area, but I'm not conviced it's worth switching without getting a discount. I'm not expecting 25% by any means, but surely I don't have to pay a "retail" rate right?

My question is, should I just go to a retail store and talk to a rep? Should I talk to a reseller? Online? Where's my best chance of someone knowing of a program that will help me?

Thanks in advance for you responses, I'm sure you'll be helping others out that are in the same situation as me.

2. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    There are several options. A corporate/government discount depends on your relationships. You can call CS and tell them your employer, wife's employer, any large associations you might belong to, and they can check the list based on the titles you give them. But not the other way around.

You'd never know some associations who offer a discount to their members, so you need to think of all that might apply to you. They usually include the whole "family", so you might benefit from an association of another relative. For years, the best association locally was a school district, and many friends ended up being a member of another friend's account, with a seperate, not family-share plan. As long as the account holder was qualified, there was no problem.

I'm thrilled to have our 15% corporate discount, but i have seen some as high as 25% (Home Depot employees). Some companies have deals with other carriers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    It's worth mentioning that some associations and employers require you to go through a particular website, sometimes only available on an intranet -- that is the case with my employer (and my 20% discount).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mary1124

mary1124 Junior Member

On the main page of the Verizon Wireless website under "personal", there is a link you can click on at the bottom for Employee Discounts. You can enter in your employee email address with the company you are with to see if any discounted services are available based on who you are employed with.

5. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

This one got me going :)

My spouse works for a big school district. There is over 40 schools in the district and they add more and more each year. So we have no idea of how many email accounts there are.

They do not have a central/main school email address. Guess I will have to wait until Verizon opens tommorrow so I can talk to a 'human' about it.

6. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I think maybe you misunderstood. You put in your own "work" e-mail address. Let's say I work for WirelessAdvisor. I put in my e-mail address (zaphodb@wirelessadvisor.com) and it parses the domain and sees if that domain is listed as "valid for discount".

Then you get forwarded to an special Verizon site for that company.

7. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

Will not work for my spouse. She works in food services area, so they do not get an email address. They do not even have a computer in the cafeteria or in the supervisor's office.

8. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

Oh, well, never mind. Just talked to VZW from their *611 number. The lady there did not know, so she gave me a number to call IF I got disconnected and transferred me to another department.

That person looked on a list of companies/employers that get the discount and the school district where she works is not listed.

Easy come. Easy go.

9. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

Check out the different credit unions. I paid $5.00 to join one, and thats all it took!. I get 15% off and 25% off accessorries.....good luck

10. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know of a very large retail chain that offers 20% off all Verizon and Cingular services to its employees.

11. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    or you could go to the store and say, "Listen. I plan on leaving Sprint because I know that Verizon has better coverage in this area. But with Sprint I'm getting an discount because my company is registered with them for employee discounts. If you can get me a discount similar to the one I get with Sprint, but if you can't give me a discount then I will just stay with Sprint."

It's all about motivation. If Verizon knows that they will make a customer by giving them a discount they might "bite." :browani: