Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How can you put music in your a900

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by apocalpz, Jan 28, 2006.

1. tigergal

tigergal New Member

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

worked perfectly:)

2. Bloody Finger of Justice

I know of a way in which you can use iTunes to get ringtones for your phone buddy. I recently tinkered with my girlfriend's sidekick 3, trying to get some of her music from iTunes into her phone's media center. What you have to do, is either make a playlist or select your library, just hit Ctrl+A and everything will highlight, then...

How to convert a song

1. From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences.
    2. Click the Importing icon.
    3. Choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song(s) to from the Import Using pop-up menu. (i.e. from AIFF, or AAC to MP3 would be compressing)
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. From the Advanced menu, choose Convert To (AIFF, MP3, or WAV depending on the preference you chose in step 3).
    6. Choose the song, folder, or disk that contains the songs you want to convert. If you choose a folder or disk, all the songs it contains will be converted. (Or if you have selected all, it will take longer depending on the amount of material your library holds, but it will make a new copy of each song in mp3 format and keep the original version of the song too, so you do not lose your data.)

If your phone does not allow you to import any of these songs into your phone, or if you get any kind of erroneous message, go to iTunes, select all of the mp3 formatted songs, or all of the songs period, and go to FILE/ EXPORT and select Windows media player as the source to export to... it will work for sure. I had to use this method to get the songs into my gf's sidekick, and her phone held about 10 songs this way... I think the A900 can hold a bit more. If you have any other questions on file compression or anything related, you can go to

http://www.apple.com/support

Hope this was helpful.
    -Carl

3. ncrusat

ncrusat New Member

I was able to use iTunes music (.m4a) by just dragging it into my media folder. Don't open the media folder and then drag it into it, just drag it straight into the media player

4. aznglow

aznglow Junior Member

My Phone:
    SAMSUNG A900 BLADE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT
    as i said before if you have this phone TURN OFF GPS the battery works fine. i also put my phone on power save

5. unerpaidhhjh

unerpaidhhjh New Member

i don't think the a 900 allows you to use your mp3's as ringtones. have you tried the program called bitpim

6. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    That a900 does not allow the use of MP3s from the music store as use as a ringer. However, you can create them yourself and use something such as the focus uploader on sprintusers.com to use them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. So Foe Kissed

So Foe Kissed New Member

I used "the site previously stated to send your phone files" to try and send myself a trimmed 29 second mp3 fileto my phone (to use as a ringer) It worked well and my phone received it, but when i set it as my ringer my phone did not play the sound. (it only vibrated, I have volume on 8 with vibe) Anyone know why this happened?

_Kurt

8. davesoccer

davesoccer New Member

hey, first time on this site. Ok, i followed the instructions, downloaded the driver, had songs on my phone, now i plug the usb in and my comp says it doesn't recognive the usb device and i can no longer connect.......please help:confused: Dave

9. SauberMercedesC9

SauberMercedesC9 New Member

You can also make it into a ringtone for call with or without caller id by clicking my videos when choosing the category to select your ring from.

10. SauberMercedesC9

SauberMercedesC9 New Member

You can set them as ringtones by selecting under my videos when choosing the category for your ring.

11. collin789

collin789 New Member

Ok I got the driver I got every thing i need that everybody says you need BUT it still says unsupported document format by fileviewer:confused: ..........if anybody elce is getting that please tell me!!!!!....thanks!!!!