Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hot Tub LG VX8700

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by NetSurfer, May 18, 2008.

1. NetSurfer

NetSurfer New Member

Hi everyone,

My son walked into a hot tub with his LG SHine VX8700. I stripped it down and dried everything and scrubebd the solder pads with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) as well as the ribbon cable connectors.. I've been able to measure 4.7 volts on different resistors on the mainboard. But It will not power up.

We are on the SaskTel network in Saskatchewan, Canada.

So,,,,

Can anyone tell me if...i buy a... say.. a Verizon VX8700 off ebay...can I use the mainboard from that unit for the damaged one? I know that it wll be programmed with a different MIN and ESN...but can I just program the new one with the MIN and ESN? or is there more to it than that? Do I need any other numbers/codes?

I don't think I can read any data off the water-damaged one - but does anyone know a way?

Alternatively, can I just clone the old one into the new one.

I'm an electronics/computer tech so I'm not afraid to try anything/

Hope someone is up to the challenge on this one.

Thanks eh!

Ken

(I remember as a kid I did dumb things too...it's just that today...the toys are more expensive)

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Well since you claim you are a programing geek I am sure you know about flashing phones. You may be able to flash a verizon phone to that not sure though. My suggestion would be to buy a phone that is specific to that network.

I just dont want to take a task of trying to help on this one because if something happened I would feel responsible for your phone. All I can do is suggest.

True toys are expensive that is why you get the more expensive ones and give you kids the free ones lol.

3. NetSurfer

NetSurfer New Member

Thanks for the reply RJB...

I guess if I can get a phone that I can use the main board from then I've got nothing to lose. It's a learning experience. I just need the knowledge to do it.