Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Horrible Verizon Story

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Cuckoo

Cuckoo New Member

I feel badly for you...but what does your message have to do with my Verizon service??[​IMG]

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I am not sure if anonymous wrote that story or he just found it on the web and decided to post it here. I am sure that if you look for websites containing wireless carrier horror stories you'll find plenty for each and every carrier. These stories are normally written by people that simply because they had a misunderstanding or were a victim of a human error they automatically close their mind to any form or shape of reasoning and believe the company in question does that to everyone else but theirs is the worst case in history and the company they are talking about is the worst in the world in every aspect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Anonymous also made it a point to post this same message in every forum here too. As I always syay, Anonymous people should only be allowed to view posts, not wite posts. This way if they get out of hand, they can lose their identity and if possible, track their IP address and block them TOTALLY!

4. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's good and all Joe and I agree 100% with you, but by doing that the problem is not solved. People can change IP addresses easier than changing their underwear and register with different names and continue doing the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Apparently another thread which started out talking about the wireless industry, but unfortunately finishes with something else; cutting down other posters as many of the thereads I have viewed here do. Get with the game people.

6. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

It may not solve the problem, but I am sure it will help out a lot at the very least.

7. Cuckoo

Cuckoo New Member

Anyone dedicating a website and their lives to cut down a wireless provider has issues which must be addressed with intensive counseling. If you were indeed so abused by the said provider you should have addressed the problem in court, not here. I (and I am sure many others) come here to get advice about wireless services and to catch up on the latest in the wireless industry.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Quote:
    Originally posted by Joe0378.
    Anonymous also made it a point to post this same message in every forum here too. As I always syay, Anonymous people should only be allowed to view posts, not wite posts. This way if they get out of hand, they can lose their identity and if possible, track their IP address and block them TOTALLY!

Some anonymous posters are here to learn and not cause trouble. Some of the registered users seem also to get out of hand as well. In the beginning of this thread there was a link to a website someone found concerning a wireless provider and the negative affects of this provider. This is a forum, which allows opinions, is it not? If the person who posted the beginning thread was a registered user, however, remarks similar to the above probably would have never been made. Seems descriminitory, now does it not?

9. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

NOT TRUE! A register member, CTL, posted a message in ALL the different forums yesterday and was hit hard with criticism. We don't mind any posts anyone may have, but no need to post the SAME thing in ALL the forums!!

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Bobolito,

I totally agree with you and that's the point I've been trying to make every time someone posts an anti-carrier web site.

There's no need for anyone to post the same thread in every forum. As a moderator here I have found that it is mainly the anonymous posters that get out of hand. Every day I have to delete about 4 or 5 blank or duplicate posts that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

11. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

I posted, but am not the victim. I didn't say boycott Verizon. I just thought it was an interesting story. It's not gonna kill you guys to read something negative. Relax.

13. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

YOU DON'T GET IT! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR POST THAT IS IN QUESTION... IT IS THE FACT THAT YOU POSTED THE SAME POST IN EVERY SINGLE FORUM HERE. YOU ONLY NEED TO POST IT ONCE!!!

14. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes it should have only been posted one time and in the General discussion forum not the regional forums.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry. I normally don't post in this forum. No offense, but thiis forums doesn't exactly have all the late breaking news.

16. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

MAYBE SO, BUT MOST OF US IN THIS FORUM DO VISIT OTHER FORUMS TOO.

17. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    This is getting out of hand. Yes banning Anonymous posters won't get rid of all the problems, but lets face it, it will surely cute them down. 99% of the bad posts and bashing on here are from Anonymous posters. If you are too damn lazy to take 5 minutes and sign up for a account then you should not bother even posting. I say its high time Wireless Advisor got rid of Anonymous posters!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I did register, but the email I received is all f@!*ed up. It's completely garbled and worthless. Banning anonymous posters won't do anything. Most people don't have permanent IP addresses so I could register 150 usernames.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Just an FYI...This article is obviously about a disgruntled former employee of Verizon Corporation (landline)...not Verizon Wireless. Although they share the same name, they operate as two completely different entities with separate management. The union part of the story is the giveaway. With the exception of a very small group of employees in NYC (not Long Island), Verizon Wireless employees are non-union. So, don't let this totally irrelevant story influence your decision on a wireless provider.

20. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I also think that we need to ban anon posters

Jack

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, if the registration system didn't send out screwed up emails that would be fine.

22. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

gonna lock this one as it belongs in the general discussion forum as larry pointed out and it is already there.