Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hockey

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by MOTOhooligan, Dec 12, 2003.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I love hockey. Unfortunatly I also love the Pittsburgh Penguins so I watch hockey but my team always loses. [​IMG] Now that we have an off-topic forum we should have a hockey thread and get some of our Canadian Wireless Forum brothers and sisters in here. I will probably spend most of my time here posting random facts and complaining about the state of the NHL and the fact that there aren't any hockey teams in Kansas.

Speaking of random facts: The 1979-1980 Philadelphia Flyers hold the NHL record for longest undefeated streak in one season -- 35 games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's because the Flyers are the best! Until the playoffs start anyway. [​IMG]

I went to the Columbus-Philly game on Wednesday...only game all year I want Columbus to lose and they tie the best team in the NHL...figures.

3. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    Oh Hookey, I used to play that once in a while...OHHHHHH, you mean Hockey, that funny little game where they hit a poor little puck around and beat each other senseless? [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    hey, no slamming hockey! i've been playing since i was 8yrs. old. best sport ever. i've got the xrays to prove it!! several broken ribs and fingers. street hockey, ice hockey, roller hockey, even air hockey!

5. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I love hockey and I'm with Kranium, you can't knock it. I even enjoy watching teams I don't care about because the game is so great. Last night I watched the Avalanche and Canucks tie because it was the only game on. I had the Avalanche with a passion but since I live in Kansas I only get Avs or St. Louis Blues games. I miss the days when I lived in Missouri and all I got were Blues games. Those days were great. Grant Fuhr, Brett Hull, Tony Twist... ah, memories. Still wish I could get a Pens game once in a while but since they suck horribly this year ESPN won't even show them. If only Mario weren't hurt.

6. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Boys play baseball, men play hockey. I don't have anything against baseball, just a cool bumper sticker i saw.

I have played hockey since I learned how to ice skate. I guess I'll make the trio of people saying you can't knock hockey. The Penguins have long been "my" team, my aunt has ice-level season tickets and although they have not been doing too great lately I'll remain a fan. What's up with Mario getting hurt? They're coming to Atlanta tonight I believe and I won't even get to see him play. Oh well, getting hurt is half the fun.

7. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not if you're old it isn't. His carreer is probably over. I did get to see him play on one of my trips back to the Steel City in 1997 but he didn't score. Too bad.[​IMG]

8. axvx8xoxr

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    that sucks you didn't get to see him score, but at least you got to see him play. when he and jagr were on the ice at the same time (before jagr was traded) was just amazing.

i think they need to play a few games each year at mellon arena with the roof retracted.[​IMG]

9. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree. In order to retract the roof, however you have to take down the jumbotron, open the roof then put the jumbotron back up. That scene in that horrible Jean-Claude VanDamme movie Sudden Death is BS. The jumbotron would have fallen down when the roof was opened not when a helicopter crashed into it.

10. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It would certainly be warmer than that outdoor game they played in Edmonton a couple weeks ago!

11. axvx8xoxr

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    haha yes it was BS but it was cool to see the old scoreboard blow up! anything blowing up is cool, espically when hockey is in the mix. [​IMG]

12. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  13. DCinSEA

DCinSEA Junior Member

So, do you think they will play Fleury when he gets back? That kid is a great goalie, it's too bad he doesn't get much help. Team Canada is in great hands!

14. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  15. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, he is a great goalie and I think they will play him when he returns. I'd also like to say that the Penguins beat the Sabres last night 2-1. I never thought I'd see them win again. Good job Pens!