Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hit and run!

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Stupiud, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Any tips on what to do if you're involved in a Hit and Run?

It's really minor damage; the guy hit me in a merge on my rear side indicator light but didnt do any body damage, just broke the cover glass i ordered a replacement online for 30 bucks... bit still, i want to get the A$$ Hole back!

I do have his licenes plate number! =) I want to get him back, but i dont want to go thru to much hassle to do it....

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    if theres not much damage at all, and your not hurt....leave it alone. You dont need to get your insurance involved leading to a rate increase.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You'll be out more then $30 and waste a lot of time by trying to find the guy. Just go ahead and repair the damage and forget about it.

4. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC

That was you? Oh, man I'm I sorry!! You should have had a wirelessadvisor.comsticker on your car and than I would have stoped![​IMG] No really, sorry for your loss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You could use his plate number and vehicle description to find out where he lives and then knock his mirrors off with a baseball bat. Then your insurance premiums wouldn't go up but you'd probably end up in jail.

6. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    i told you not to party too hard on your birthday Stuups.[​IMG]

7. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Wow... something I know about finally. Just pay your damages out-of-pocket, and be done with it, instead of your premium being jacked up for 3 yrs possibly...

8. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Don't do anything. If you report it, it'll end up screwing around with your insurance, you'll drop two tiers and you'll be in insurance hell... I remember the insane insurance premiums... when I was 17 and got my license, my insurance was $4500 a year. (That was before they put in the tier system, but still...)

Don't even breathe in the direction of your insurance company until you're 25 unless you absolutely can't help it. $30 isn't too bad. $300 wouldn't be too bad.

NJ auto insurance sucks. California auto insurance sucks. I wish we had public auto insurance the way British Columbia does... you pay your insurance to the government corporation and they issue you your plates, registration and the standard insurance policy. It cost CDN$450 (US$335) every six months on a new BMW and CDN$320 (US$237) every six months on a new Honda, including registration and road tax.

It's $1400 total every six months plus the registration in California...

9. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    By the time we pay taxes and all the additional things, our auto insurance comes to a total of $1,660.00 for 3 cars every six months.

That's pretty expensive, considering we don't live in a big city, but we do live in Florida were all the crazy a$$ people come move down from up north to SW Florida and drive like it is the Indy 500.

I agree with everyone else Stupiud. Pay it and forget about it.

Look on the bright side, at least you weren't hurt.[​IMG]

---------------------------
    Gamer03

Currently playing on XBOX:
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
    Midtown Madness 3
    Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
    Waiting for Driver 3, Mafia, and Hitman: Contracts to come out...

10. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    thanks for all the advice guys. i called the police station and they said i could file a report (it wont affect my insurance) because hit and runs are criminal offences....