Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hilarious! Sprint doesn't want their own phone back!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Wireless99, May 12, 2008.

1. Wireless99

Wireless99 New Member

I am in the middle of the most hilariously inept corporate experience of my entire life.

Last October I tried Sprint cell phone service for a week but their customer service was so terrible that I canceled the account and went with AT&T instead. However I still have Sprint's phone. I've called five times requesting them to send me a mailing label to return the phone to them but it's never arrived.

They haven't been billing me or anything, but I want to return the phone so I don't get a bill years from now when they finally figure it out. I just called again and was told that since they have no record of me requesting a label within the first 30 days of canceling my account they are not able to help me at this time by sending me a mailing label!

Why should I even have to request a mailing label to return their phone? Shouldn't they want it back? It lists at $250, it's their property, and it's been sitting in my house for 7 months. Now they say they have no record of any of the 5 other times I've called to get a label. No wonder their stock has dropped from 23 to 9 in the last year.

Anyone else have a similar experience, or any idea how to get them to accept *their own phone* back?

Absolutely hilarious...

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I had to call three times to get a return label once. The day I sent it back after finally getting the label, I got my bill and they never charged me for the phone. I could have had a freebie! Oh well.

3. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It really depends on where you call. Some centers know what they're doing while others have no clue due to the fact most of Sprint's customer service is outsourced. I know Sprint buys back phones from you, but you need an account number so they can give you credit to your bill.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Sounds like quite a mess... This is probably the 1,000,000 post I've read about terrible customer service... I really hope they can keep this thing from sinking. Despite all of the problems, Sprint has been the best carrier I've ever had.