Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Hey T-Mobile Users

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by jimmyray1990, Nov 10, 2008.

1. jimmyray1990

jimmyray1990 New Member

I am about to sign up with T-mobile probably in the coming weeks. And i am looking forward to it!

I have heard T-mobile has excellent customer service. Is this true?

How is the service overall? How about in the Southeast in the Carolina's region?

And i am a student at the age of 18 with little to no credit will i have to pay a heafty deposit? I had to pay $150 with Sprint and i have been in good standing with them. Will i probably still have to pay a Deposit with T-mobile

And what are some great phones with T-mobile i have had my eye looking on the Sidekick? Is it a good phone for a Texter/Web user like me?

And if they are any other reasons or comments please let me know

all i can say I AM GLAD TO BE OFF OF SPRINT!

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    With regards to a deposit requirement, each carrier has its own standards. T-Mobile tends to be lenient from what I can tell. My credit is a mess and I was able to sign up for contract service with them without a deposit (too bad I couldn't stick with them in my area :() . From what I can tell, AT&T is the most pickiest of them all. Even if Tmobile requires a deposit, you can opt for the FlexPay plans. The plans are the same, the coverage is virtually identical (prepaid vs postpaid). And you can still get the subsidized phone pricing the contract users enjoy. You just have to apply just to see.

I have prepaid service and I have only positive things to say regarding their CS. When I signed up for a contract and then canceled the next day, the store reps were nice. Heck, I have occasionally bought accessories from the TMobile corporate shop and I have received good service although I'm a non customer.

I'll let others comment on the Carolina coverage and phones since I don't live anywhere near the Carolinas and I have an ancient TMobile prepaid phone :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jimmyray1990

jimmyray1990 New Member

Thanks For the reply i really hope the deposit is cheap! And i hope to get some answers from people that lives in the Carolina's (NC/SC) and Georgia! about call quality

4. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Well your in Anderson, and I'm in Gaffney,
    and T-Mobile is the former SunCom Network.

The SunCom network was usually good in and around cities,
    but just like with Sprint in this area, coverage in the rural areas
    won't be as good overall compared to Alltel, Verizon & even AT&T.

The problem is that the SunCom network (T-Mobile) has gotten rid of roaming on AT&T in most of SC & NC.

I've seen many cities & towns around the Carolinas, where Sprint & SunCom
    do not have coverage whatsoever, like Boone, NC or Union, SC.

Near me, Chesnee finally got some T-mobile antennas installed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jimmyray1990

jimmyray1990 New Member

Well i mostly travel along the Interstates and i live off of the I-85 Corridor and i looked at thier coverage maps and pretty much have Anderson and the town i live in which is really Rural covered and in South Anderson i guess roams with AT&T? And when i do go to NC i am on I-40 in Asheville etc and i travel HWY 25 up to NC thru the mountains and that looks covered also. But compare it to Sprint i go up in the mountains and my phone turns to crap where someone who has t-mobile had signal and my phone was a hunk of junk saying *No signal*

6. jimmyray1990

jimmyray1990 New Member

Awesome!!! i am looking forward to going to T-mobile talked to thier phone Tech today and they are really nice! Explained what the first bill will have on it and explained local tax charges and everything and gave me a tour of the sidekick and told me every feature it can do i <3 t-mobile already even though i don't have it yet i am looking forward to going to the retail store and talk to them! all i can say

So long Sprint! stayed tied up a year and now its finally to say goodbye

7. joandmad

joandmad New Member

I just left after 6 years. My husband went to the desert in 03 and I had ti buy a duel band phone and activate an international account so all knew that he was going to the desert to the war zone, but the never offered me the military discount the have. So the phone cost $250.0 and pay $2.99 a mimute so I had 5-600.00 monyhly bills. I feel that they are unpatrriotic and do not care for our service men who are fighting for all of us. I feelthat they owe me 15% of every penny I spent. ATT did. They asked us if we were military because of my husbands haircut. Be careful, they also will try to get you to sign a new contract every time you make a change of service. Be careful and checkinto other companies as well. Good luck!

8. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Tmobile is very patriotic, we have fund raisers at our call center all the time for local families that have a member deployed. We also as a company have community involvement committees that do things to help families of servicemen and women. I am sorry that your experience wasn't great, but what you're saying is untrue.

9. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

When i had tmobile a few years ago i was in the military and was soon to be deployed. I called them and faxed my orders to them and they let me out of the contract without penalty,no problems at all. I actually had to do that twice. The second time i was going to iraq and had no clue as to when i would be back so i didnt want to be stuck in a contract.

Thats one of the reasons i went back to them recently. They treated me really well during my military days and definitely earned my business because of it.

2 people like this.
  10. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    so matter how good a companies CS may be......it's not all perfect....everyone has their own experiences.....i personally think Sprint has been great for me....coverage, value, and yes dare i say it the CS......but i couldnt help but hear about CS complaints all the time.....to each his own

11. bluebird

bluebird New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E250
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, formerly Alltel
    I wanted to chime in that I have ALWAYS reached a helpful, knowledgable and friendly technician when I call T-Mobile. I've called multiple times in the 5+ years I've been with TMO, and never got anything but first rate help. That is so rare these days, that I think it's notable.

I had a 2-year contract back in 2003, picked the company partly to get a phone I liked and partly to go to a plan that suited both my calling habits and pocketbook. Never looked back. Once you discover how to use the extra 500 minutes of conditional call forwarding airtime that no other provider gives you AFAIK, you'll be in cell nirvana and you'll probably never go over your plan minutes.