Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hey ILUVSOCAL & Anyone who wants to read a Non wireless Post

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by IdiOTeQnoLogY, Jul 18, 2002.

1. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

Hey ILUVSOCAL & Railroad Lovers

hey ILUVSOCAL you mentioned in a post a while ago that you are into trains and riding amtrak............i'd think you were pretty pissed off about how the fed is screwing them over......all in the name of OIL OIL OIL and the auto industry-meanwhile the airlines get billions of dollars in bailouts and the oil industry gets subsidized up the kazoo..... while amtrak has to beg for a sum a fraction of the cost.

on a side note we are off fighting a war in afghanistan for oil....a US company named UNOCAL had proposed a plan to build a pipeline that would run oil through afghanistan.....the us bases and proposed us bases are strikingly right along this route. the taliban had sent reps to texas to negotiate with the oil industry b4 9-11 but plans fell through......the interim President of Afghanistan that the USA so ardently supports is a .....gasp.....former UNOCAL employee....and so is one of the other top members of his cabinet team. but i am just a bleeding heart liberal so i guess i am just driveling on and on....maybe oliver stone will make a movie out of this lol but i figure it seems interesting enough to share.

Afghan Prezzie

sad when what we really could do is force companies to adopt more energy efficient means....as well as the auto industry etc etc.....the technology is already there....instead Bush is wiping out legislation like the clean air act that would require industry to clean up and become more efficient.....etc etc etc

you know back in the day LA had a decent transportation system of electric rail cars.......but that wasnt makin the oil and car industry any money........so STANDARD OIL and GENERAL MOTORS teamed up and using dummy companies to buy piece after piece of the electric rail car trans system up and then dismantled it......thus leaving people with little or no choice but to use the highways and cars or a crappy bus system that from what i hear still sucks. gotta love corporate greed [​IMG]

GM & Standard Oil and Public Trans

GM & Friends in Detroit

here are some good articles on the amtrak situation. the whole website these are from is excellent......www.commondreams.org as they gather progressive news from all over the world.... all three of these articles are excellent with the first being the weakest of the three i think.

it is a damn shame that we the people are not given the option to have good, reliable, expansive, and fast public trans in the USA it would make living here a more pleasurable experience. when i have been to europe i have thoroughly been impressed iwth thte public trans.....

especially in germany it was excellent....my last trip to england the rails there were terrible and expensive.....all because they had been privatized in the last decade......all the english i spoke to (relatives and random strangers) all reminisced about when the railway was state run how smoothly it operated......when i was there for two months about 1 1/2 years ago there was a crash or two lol in that time alone......but i digress.....

Article 1
    Article 2
    Article 3

*****AND HERE IS JUST A KICK ___ LITTLE ARTICLE OFF TOPIC BUT A MUST READ*****
    Fun Stuff

2. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

i know this post/rant was quite a bit off topic but still.........not a single response? i mean it's all fact .......the us gov't itself found GM and Standard oil guilty of those things......it's all in the articles.......no one is outraged at this stuff? or even disagreeing with this stuff? [​IMG]

3. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    I've been reading it, I'll post my thoughts, eventually, I promise. Thanks for the links by the way, sorry I didn't tell you earlier [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...