Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Heritage Alltel users

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by ndtoddman, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ndtoddman

ndtoddman Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Many
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Looking for input from Alltel users that are in markets where VW is the B-side carrier. As you certainly know Alltel has a roaming agreement with VW. I am in the former Western Wireless market that Alltel recently acquired. I am finding that many of our Alltel handsets are using VW a lot. We have PRL 206 loaded and are on Alltel plans, so we are not getting roaming charges. However, prior to updating the PRL we had coverage from Western Wireless in most of the areas that we now see the handsets roaming onto VW.

My question is, In heritage Alltel markets that VW is the B-side carrier do you see the same issues? Maybe, the Western Wireless network isn't what I thought it was and Alltel may have system issues that they need to address. Eventhough they have a roaming agreement wilth VW I would still think that Alltel would want their customers handsets to utilize their network whenever possible.

2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Vzw has the other side here in Charlotte, NC. I have switched to their sid(139) once! I was in the mall in the bathroom which is underground! Seriously, traveling around North and South Carolina I rarely switch to Vzw! Maybe 3 or 4 times in 3 1/2 years. But then again Vzw sucks here.