Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Here's what Nokia says about 6340/6345!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Hman, May 8, 2002.

1. Hman

Hman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular GSM, O2 GSM
    Thank you for contacting Nokia Customer Care.

We appreciate your interest in Nokia and new product development.

We apologize, but we do not have a definite date on the release of the
    Nokia 6340 model.

Unfortunately, we are unable to determine if the Nokia 6345 model you
    have inquired about will be released.

At this time, we do not have information on Nokia products that have not been
    released.

Sincerely,

Ruth
    Customer Care
    NokiaUSA.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hman

2. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

One Nokia rep had told me in March that the 6340 would be available in the 2nd quarter. Well 2nd qtr doesn't end till the end of June and so I guess we'll just have to hang on for a bit.

I just sent another email to Nokia to inquire about whether or not the 6340 will indeed be released during this 2nd Qtr.

3. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Standard canned response...You could have asked them about the price of chees on Mars and they probably would have said the same thing...[​IMG]

4. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

That chaps my hyde!!

5. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

I also have been reading that the 6340 will first be released for Cingular and not AT&T Wireless. There is rumor that AT&T is not so interested in this phone because it does not support GPRS. AT&T may be eyeing the 6345.

6. Hman

Hman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular GSM, O2 GSM
    Right, I think Cingular will be the only carrier offering this phone because of the nature of their nationwide network, GSM 1900 (Cal, SE USA) and TDMA 800 (Chicago, Milwaukee), etc.

The 6340 will be obsolete the day it is released though because it does not have GPRS and GSM 800 (Cingular will be switching TDMA 800 markets to GSM 800).

It looks like the thing to do is wait for the 6345 because it WILL have GSM 800 and GPRS.

I wish Nokia would be able to determine if the 6345 will actually be released.

Hman

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    nice form letter responce from nokia

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Phonescoop.com indicates that phone is for both ATT and Cingular. Yet in speaking with my local ATT store, they said the only GAIT phone they will carry will be the Seimen phone.

P.S. One reason you will never get a manufacturer to tell you when the release dates are is because the carrier ( *not* the mfgr) determines release dates.

9. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

I just received the following email from my Nokia contact (not sure if he's in the US or in Finland):

"While the Nokia 6340 should be released during this month, expect to see the phone at Cingular Wireless, but not AT&T.

Keith Nowak
    Nokia"

...and in a followup email....

Also, Nokia does not have any phone with a '6345' moniker.

Keith Nowak
    Nokia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hman, also where did you hear about the 6345? I believe that is pure rumor as Nokia does not acknowledge a phone with such a model number.

Here is why Cingular will soon carry this phone and AT&T won't (although it's possible later this year). Cingular has a segmented tdma and gsm market and needs a GAIT phone asap to allow users to take advantage of roaming on their own networks nationwide. AT&T doesn't have such a dilemma. What AT&T wants is a GAIT + GPRS phone so that they can promote mlife/m-mode services while on their GSM markets. So AT&T isn't so hot or keen for the 6340. The Siemens S46 (which has GPRS) will be the only Multi-band phone for the next while (throughout the summer).

Nokia seems to be very hush-hush about any GAIT+GPRS phone developments.

10. Hman

Hman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular GSM, O2 GSM
    I saw a post in this forum about the 6345. I don't know if it is true or not, but it made sense.

Until info about the "6345" is posted on phonescoop.com, we'll have to assume it does not exist.

Hman

11. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Someone in another forum seems to be quite certain about the "6345." But even if there will be such a phone, they say that it will only have the added GSM 850 support, but still no GPRS.

What would be interesting to find out is what GAIT+GPRS phone Nokia is working on.