Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help with porting into SERO

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by renavoo, Nov 29, 2007.

1. renavoo

renavoo New Member

Hey everyone! I'm now desperate for help, since CS at Sprint obviously can't help...

Basically, the summary is that about a month ago, I signed up over the phone for SERO, porting my number over from AT&T. Well, when I got my phone, the plan was wrong so they couldn't activate that line (meaning I still have my ATT account). After about 10 hours on the phone over 3 days, I gave up and canceled my plan at the suggestion of one of the reps. He said I should try again and sign up online. Ok, so I did that. Of course, it happened all over again, where somehow I ended up with the wrong plan. I finally managed to get someone to switch that account to a SERO account. (one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't start reading these forums earlier so I didn't realize how persistent I had to be).

Well, that brings me to today. I have a wonderful Sprint SERO account but I still hope against hope that they can port my ATT number over. However, they apparently canceled my old account without canceling the porting and therefore, my number can't be ported to my new Sprint account, even though it's technically still an ATT number. (not really sure why this is nor am I sure why cancellation is such a huge issue!) My request for cancellation of porting has been escalated and it's now going on 2 weeks with no resolution!! I can't believe it's so difficult to cancel a port into a canceled account!

I've asked them to reroute the porting process to my new account as well but that's been ineffective. It's gotten to the point where I don't trust what anyone says because everyone has a different story to tell. It's the most frustrating thing! Has anyone encountered this? If so, any idea what I can do? I have been on the phone with Sprint more than 20 hours now! I guess we save money but end up losing time with this plan! (though since currently I'm continuing to pay for my ATT account to save my number, I guess I'm not really saving money just yet!) Should I just give up and learn to accept my new number?

Thanks for any help! :biggrin: