Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help with Nokia 6600 and N80!!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by omicron911, Jun 16, 2006.

1. omicron911

omicron911 New Member

Does anyone know how to transfer messages from a nokia 6600 to a N80? The messages are stored on a mmc in the 6600 and i want to know how to transfer them to the mini-sd card on the N80. Maybe I can extract them to my computer and then transfer them... I have been able to transfer contacts and images etc via bluetooth but i don't know how to send the messages. Thanks!!!

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Have you tried using Nokia PC suite? I have transferred messges from 6230 to 6682 to the 6131.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. omicron911

omicron911 New Member

According to the nokia site, if u transfer data using the pc suite, the phones have to support the same version of pc suite. Unfortunately, the 6600 supports version 4.8 and since N80 is the latest nokia phone, it supports only version 6.

And a correction, the messages are stored on the phone memory.

thanks though!!

4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    True, but are sure you can not use 4.8 to just transfer the messages to the N80? I had 2 different versions between the 6682 & 6131 and I used the older version to transfer everything (stored on my computer) from the 6682 to the 6131.

Just a thought?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. omicron911

omicron911 New Member

Hmmm.. alrite.. I installed the old pc suite for the 6600. I connected the phone and i couldn't even figure out how to transfer messages! There are options only for images, sound clips, calender entries and contacts.

When I installed the new pc suite (which i got with the N80), there is an option to retrieve messages but when i try and connect the 6600 via bluetooth, i get an error saying that the computer could not authenticate the phone. Any suggestions??

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    You will have to forgive me because I have never worked with ver 4.8. Are you telling me that in 4.8 there is no "file manager" type of function with whch you can copy the messages from your 6600 to your computer. If that is the case then I guess I am fresh out of ideas...sorry.

I hope someone else can help you.

PS: I have been able to get reasonable support directly from Nokia, have you tried contacting the? Just a thought.

7. omicron911

omicron911 New Member

Well this version has a file manager but it can be used only to transfer images, videos and java applets. Oh well, I hope someone can help me; the messages have both sentimental as well as business importance. Thanks for the effort though!!

I sent an email to Nokia. Will have to wait and see whether they reply.

If anybody has a solution or a program to extract the messages from the phone to the computer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.