Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help with midi to nokia7210

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by xparisinflamesx, Mar 19, 2003.

1. xparisinflamesx

xparisinflamesx New Member

Ok. I need someone to hold my hand and walk me thru the process of sending a midi file to a 7210 for use as a ringtone. I have read thru this forum, and absolutely cannot figure it out. I have midi files saved on my computer... I read they need to be renamed .midi instead of .mid. Correct? Now, how do you change that format on your computer. You can simply rename it, but wouldint it become ____.midi.mid?

Anyway, can someone PLEASE step by step me thru this?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

2. ChoiBoi

ChoiBoi New Member

1. Download the Nokia PC Suite 5.0 from the Nokia web site....
    2. Fiddle around with the Nokia Sound Coverter.
    3. Update to phone. Simple as that.

3. SBERB2468

SBERB2468 Guest

It's not as simple as that. It's actually pretty difficult to get them to sound right becuase the phone can only play 4 simultaneous instruments. It is very hard. I have only found like 4 ringtones that actually work good. But I am creating a Nokia 7210 Ringtone group on yahoo! so look for the link to it soon. I hope to create a group where people can exchange ringtones in the form of sp-midi which is what the phone uses

4. ChoiBoi

ChoiBoi New Member

It is simple as that... You just have to choose which channels are the most important. Play around with it for a little while.

5. redray8

redray8 New Member

most midi sequences i downloaded off the web have like 16 tracks and those are only parts.. how do you convert 4 of the instruments.. because the original song is not able to be converted?

thanks for any help..

ray

6. ChoiBoi

ChoiBoi New Member

Using the sound converter... choose which channel you want to be the top 4 polyphony user. Those 4 channels will be the ones that will ONLY be played. So choose the ones that play a vital role in the MIDI file. You can do that by playing the selected channels.