Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

help with bitpim please

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by newyork14, Apr 2, 2003.

1. newyork14

newyork14 New Member

i downloaded bitpim and i have the cable but it doesnt work, is there something else i need???please help if u can.[​IMG]

2. tmoney

tmoney New Member

you need the drivers for the cable they are called Prolific_USB_Drivers.zip if you wish I could e-mail them to you (208k).

3. caffiend

caffiend New Member

Download the drivers from www.futuredial.com. You'll also have to switch your Data Settings in your phone to use the RS port

4. newyork14

newyork14 New Member

that would be great...

5. RoBo92

RoBo92 New Member

I just bought the cable and installed bitpim, too. When trying to upload my phonebook back to the phone I get the following error msg:

"The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew. Check that the port on the phone is set correctly. Also check that you have selected the correct communications port on your computer (currently using com4)"

My phone's port was set to USB and I changed it to RS232. Got the same error msg on both settings.

Please help!

6. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I sometimes get a similar error about port settings.

Fist check to see that the ports match on the computer and bitpim. My computer port alternates between 4 and 5 and I sometimes need to change it in bitpim.

Sometimes I just have to try a couple times to get it to work. I'll close Bitpim and restart it...sometimes that does the trick.

Bitpim is a fantastic program, but it is still a little buggy...usually if you just keep trying it works!

7. RoBo92

RoBo92 New Member

Pardon my ignorance, but where do I check it on the computer? Is it in the Control Panel's Device Manager?

8. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes that's right.

You want to look under Ports (COM & LPT) and look for the Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port (COM x).

Then go to BitPim and click on Edit, Settings and make sure the numbers match.

9. Meow

Meow New Member

10. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I don't have the drivers here at work to email to you, but you can download them from the Yahoo Group.

11. jtavares

jtavares New Member

I bought a sch-u740 verizon phone. i have the data cable but cannot connect my phone. any help would be appreciated Thanks

12. breshef

breshef New Member

My Phone:
    LG 8600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Telus Mobility
    I have a LG 8600, on Telus Mobility provider. Bitpim will not detect the phone on my Mac Book Pro OSX. I have tried direct USB connection and bluetooth connection.

As a mac user, do I need drivers? and if so, where do I find them for mac? everything is for windows.

It will, eventually, read the micro SD card, after I unmount and remount it in disk utility, but I doubt that has anything to do with whats going on with bitpim.

13. jordanlol

jordanlol New Member

I have a LG-VX8560 (Chocolate 3) verizon phone that I'm trying to get hooked up with bitpim. I have plugged it in and the auto-run has come up, I've installed the USB driver, but I still can't get bitpim to detect it.... help please?