Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help With Audiovox TriMode CDM 9100

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Barbara, May 28, 2002.

1. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Help With Audiovox TriMode CDM 1900

[​IMG] I just switched my cell service from AT&T to Verizon and took the free phone, the Audiovox TriMode CDM 9100. To check the voice mail, I called my cell phone from my home phone and left two messages. However, I can't figure out how to retrieve them. I pressed the voice mail key but the display says Emply [V+] key! What am I doing wrong?

In the meantime, I realize that it's not possible to set up the voice mail with my own voice. Can anyone suggest a better phone? My dealer recommended a Motorola flip up phone. Before I switched to Verizon, I used the Nokia 8260 and I love it. Is there any way I can still use it with Verizon? Can't somebody switch a chip or something like that? Is this a dumb question?

Barbara

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    No you can not us the 8260 with verizon. at&T is tdma and verizon is cdma

Consider the lg510 or the lgvx1 as a good choice for phones

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Dial *86 to get into voicemail.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Although the 8260 will only work in analog with Verizon, I don't think they will let you activate it anyway because 1) The 8260 is not compatible with Verizon's digital network (CDMA), and 2) They don't want you to use it in their analog system. The chip inside the phone cannot be changed. There are too many differences between both systems.
    To access voicemail, you enter *VM which is the same as *86. Or better yet, dial your own mobile number. If you dial your own number, you will hear your own greeting. When you hear the greeting press 9 and then the system will ask for your password (if 9 doesn't work, then try # or * at the greeting). You can do this from a regular home phone also since it has nothing to do with the cell phone. Besides you dont wanna waste your minutes on this.
    I am sure there's an option to enter your own voice. Verizon should give you a brochure that explains how to setup voicemail.

The V+ key is very conveniente once it is properly programmed. The phone manual can tell you more about it. You have to enter the voicemail access number in the phone's memory which is your own mobile number. You can also save your password if you want

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...