Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help switching from LG to Blackberry 7250

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Kal525, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

I'm a current owner of an LG VX8000 phone with Verizon Wireless. I just purchased this phone in February of this year with the new every two deal. Unfortuantely shortly afterwards I accpeted a high security job that does not allow camera phones inside the building.

Because of this I have been considering non-camera phones and the obvious first one that came to mind was the blackberry 7250, especially b/c of the bluetooth features.

My question is, what is the best way to go about making the phone swap? Should I talk to verizon or should i just sell my vx8000 phone on ebay and buy a 7250 on ebay and have verizon activate it? I'd really like to not pay more than $100 for this since I just paid for the LG phone. Any ideas / thoughts on making the swap or the phone in general are much appreciated.

2. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    Try selling your other phone on ebay. Also try and find an inexpensive phone because verizon will not budge because you haven't had the current phone/ plan for more than 10 months (at which time you can get a discounted phone but without the 100.00 credit)
    For a cheaper alternative, look at getting a treo 600 from ebay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    in business and in general, it never hurts to ask. If your job is government there is a chance that you MAY get a courtesy from a supervisor. On the other hand if its private industry, I doubt it. But, why not try asking the manager where you bought it for a swap to a REFURBISHED phone. They MAY do it as a courtesy. Its worth a polite try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sage advice indeed. Let us know how you make out.

5. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I've had no luck. I called the verizon sales rep for my company and he said I should call customer service and maybe they would do it. So I call customer service and after they take the name of the sales rep who told me to call them and put me on hold for 5 minutes, she comes back and says that she doesn't know who the sales rep is but I should go tell him he's miscommunicating information.... yeah thanks that helps.

So I guess the exchange isn't going to happen easily unless I go to a store and request to speak to a supervisor, even then I think chances are slim. Oh well, ebay it is.

6. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    I have a refurbed vx4500 and data cable, charger, car charger I think, but no battery.
    let me know if it can help