Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

** Help! Need POS Software **

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by tmobking, Mar 7, 2006.

1. tmobking

tmobking New Member

Hi people,

I have a quick question and I wasnt sure what section to post it in, but here is my situation:

I am a Tmobile exclusive dealer in the Indiana/Illinois region area that has 5 locations and I am about to open 5 more in the next 6 months. The problem is, its getting overwhelming with all the paperwork I have to do each month and the calculations I have to do just to see where my money is going.

Does anyone know of anykind of POS software or business software I can use to track everything that my store needs? Like total activations, total revenue, all my inventory and customers, etc? I tried using Quickbooks and some other programs, but they are either too costly or too complex for their own good.

If anyone has any suggestions, please respond here or to my profile's personal email address. Thanks alot and I appreciate any help anyone has. Once I get some more info I will let you guys know which ones look the best in case anyone else is looking for the same kinda thing I need.

2. tmobking

tmobking New Member

Ok...I'm back. I've been searching the Net for the past couple hours and I think I may have found some leads. I also talked to my master dealer and he told me about this customized software that they are getting. Its sounds really great.

Looks like my choices are pretty narrow as far as what exactly I need. But all that looks good so far are some crazy software for cell shops that looks kinda outdated and is hard to use.

All i need is something that can do/record/list my inventory, sales, and how much im making as far as commissions go and what not. Also, employee tracking would be nice.

Ill be back with more info that I find later...

3. tmobking

tmobking New Member

Ok...I did some research. One of my friends who owns a couple stores himself told me about a system called ITEL by a company called RMI Solutions. Apparently, its all internet based and would let me see what exactly is going on at all my stores from my living room if i wanted to. He said compared to the other software he has used, which i never heard of (managemoor? teletracker?) its a helluva alot easier and cheaper.

I have an appointment today to get a free online demonstration of it, so we will see. Supposedly, it tracks everything..inventory, sales, activations, commissions, employee stuff....retail, non-retail....subdealing, wholesaling...everything.

Ill let you guys know how it turns out. If anyone wants more info after the demo, just send me a message here or email me at spynde@gmail.com

Hopefully this system is good, cause i need to buy something soon. :)

4. tmobking

tmobking New Member

Ok...:)

I started on a free demo of the software and everything is running smmmoooooothly. man. If i had known it would be this easy I would have called in a long time ago.

Anyhoot...seems the software they setup for me is exclusivly customized for Tmobile...so...everything has Tmobile lingo to it...its kinda cool actually. Got my stores all hooked up in literally 15 minutes and was in there scannign in inventory right away.

As far as features, it seems to have everything. Like...100+ business reports, inventory management, customer management, POS, non-retail sales, etc. Its even intergrated with Whitepages and Watson!

Well...just thought id check in with a quick update. Ill be back later after i use it more.

PS. Looks like this can handle every carrier(both phones and phonecards) as well as be customized to fit exclusive dealers (tmobile, sprint, cingluar). It has a pretty cool master/sub dealer system built in as well.

*gets down and his knees and thanks the Business Gods for their gift to him*

Here some some screenshots of a couple things
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ruckrock

Ruckrock New Member

Thanks alot. I need something like this. I'm gonna call them this week. Should I ask for anyone in particular?

Thanks agin...this just might might my business run alot smoother.

6. Ruckrock

Ruckrock New Member

Ok, I just sent an email to their sales deparment and they are setting up a demo for me as we speak, customized to my carrier list. So, ill let you know how it goes.

7. JohnD

JohnD New Member

My Phone:
    718-439-4080
  8. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just curious Tmobking, where in Indiana are your locations, do you have any near Goshen/Elkhart, Warsaw, or say Columbia City, cuz if you do I would appreciate a minute of your time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...