Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help me select a Service Provider in PA, NJ - I'm in CO and moving

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I need help in selecting a service provider.

I'll be living in either Mercer or Bucks County,
    working in Mercer county,
    personal travel to Philly, Jersey Shore (Mannesquan), North Jersey, CT (Bridgeport), and Albany
    business travel to Atlanta and Tallahassee on occasion (but for a solid month to start)

I will be managing a NJ State IT contract and need reliable service to quaterback any system problems which occur. While I get the office set up over the next 2-3 months, it will be my primary work and home phone.

I have thrown out Cingular and Sprint because of service/coverage problems I have heard of. I am considering AT&T, Verizon or perhaps Voicestream (since I can get the Nokia 8260 for $50 at the Sam's Club here in CO). The Verizon phone selection (out here at least) really sucks and I have heard horror stories of their billing and customer service, however, from wehat i have read and heard, they appear to have the best coverage. I have always been very happy with AT&T customer service but a little sceptical of local covreage.

Any input appreciated

Ted

PS, anyone moving out West , DO NOT USE QWEST.

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I would go with Verizon or Voicestream...but my first choice is one you didn't mention....Nextel...not sure how much you are looking to spend per month but nextel's cheapest is $40.

ATT service is pretty bad in North Jersey.

3. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

I would definitely go with Verizon. I live and work in Mercer county and my wife's Verizon phone is excellent. She also works in NYC and we travel to the Jersey shore all the time and we never had a problem. I also have Cingular and they have good coverage in central and south Jersey. But, my first choice is Verizon.