Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

help! lg vx6000 or cdm8900?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by zman12x, Jan 30, 2004.

1. zman12x

zman12x New Member

gettin a new phone and those r my top two choices, just dunno which one to get

2. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Zman, not because i used a 6k but i will give you my un-biased opinion, the LG6000 is one of Verizon's best sellers, it has good reception, earpiece is loud,(sometimes sounds a bit muffled but you get used to it, no biggie) ringers are loud (could have been better choices but you can always download some you like) color display is excellent 262,000 colors, camera quality is better than the 8900, overall user interface is excellent, and no major glitches.

The audiovox 8900 is a nice looking phone in my opinion, it has excellent reception and it's tri-mode vs the 6k which is dual only, has a speakerphone but it's no Nextel, loud ringtones, better than the 6k in my opinion, nice color display but not as colorfull as the 6k but no big issue there, the big issue was that only after a week of released it was recalled because of bugs and glitches in the software, there are complaints of the phone not being able to download ringtones and wallpapers, text messaging etc, but supposedly that has being fix with the software upgrade. If you wan't more info on these phone NYCDRU has posted a real good review on the 8900 in the Audiovox forum.

So this is just my opinion, others may differ, but i think many may also agree with me that the LG6000 is a very solid performer, and are very happy with it and i think that you won't be disappointed, also in fairness to the 8900 i think that if the 6k was not around the 8900 would be my next choice if i wanted a camera phone, which would not be hard to decide being that Verizon doesn't get on the ball and released more phones, so we have to settle for what we get. Now if you don't need a camera phone the LG 4500 would be another one to consider since it's getting good reviews.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zman12x

zman12x New Member

thanks i was leaning toward the lg but youve convinced me and ill prbly get the lg

4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    remember you have 15 days try it out and if you're not happy with it you can go back and exchanged it for the 8900.[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kwitel

kwitel New Member

im in the same boat and have done my research...
    Dont buy a digital only phone-(LG6000/4500) great phones, but you dont want to be stuck on vacation with no service. Stick with the tris-(Audiovox 8600/8900).
    Ive had the 86 for two days now; you need to be in a library to hear it ring, and an engineering degree would help you to navigate the interface/software.
    That being said, im swapping for the 89; great reviews, LOUD ringer, and a nice looking phone as well.
    If you can wait to upgrade for another month or two, id hold out for the Motorola v810; from what ive read and seen-its going to be a powerhouse.
    Otherwise, def go with the 89.-hope that helps-gl

6. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    alot of the network is being converted to digital, so reception shouldnt be a problem.
    but then again, you may be unlucky and live in a place where the network hasnt been upgraded yet...but then again thats what the 15 day trial is for. =)

7. Babyboy

Babyboy Junior Member

Hello everyone. I'm back. Just wanted to say that, I got a new phone and I went with the 6000. Pretty much both the 8900 and the 6000 are probably going to b qual in every department because alot of the comparison will deal with what is important to the individual. But before I had the 6000 I had an Audiovox CDM 9155. It didn't even last me a year and a half before major problems came. Now I can't even get the phone to turn on. Durability should be very important when getting a new phone. Audiovox lost my support and I have yet to see an LG give out after two years. Remember, If you are with Verizon chances are your phone is going to be your phone for two years and you want a phone that will last you that long with the least amount of repair money that you spend on it. I would strongly advise you go with the 6000. And Tony E, the egg isn't all that bad. lol.

8. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    lol........in that case you need to update your signature.[​IMG]

9. Babyboy

Babyboy Junior Member

Your right. I forgot to do that. Thanx for the tidbit.

10. MrFrench

MrFrench New Member

I just got the 8900 yesterday at a Presidents day promotion and am happy so far. I understand the major bug with the recall last month was over porting problems. Verizon took only 12 hours for my AT&T number to port. Speakerphone workes OK, a bit feedbacky for me, but the other side could hear me fine. The Verizon Logo/Clock issue on the outside screen is annoying but no major issue to me. My main problem is that my wife may steal it from me since she is getting very frustrated with her vx4400, which continually goes into silent mode when she has the phone in her briefcase, we would swap phones since her 15 trial is over.

I purchased the 8900 over the vx6000 because it is tri-mode, it has a speakerphone, and I liked the way it looks. I am a little concerned that the rf may not be as good, but it is hard to test it unless I have a vx600 side by side in a poor reception area. My office gets poor reception on all phones and the same with my mom's house. I was getting one bar of signal at her house (none with 3360 AT&T phone), but was hoping for better reception.

I realize that the vx6000 has a higher resolution screen and more picture editing features, but would like to know if anyone out there actually knows the specs of the two cameras. Once I transfer the pictures to my PC will they have the same resolution or will the vx6000 still be better (or worse). I realize that the better resolution on the LG will allow me to better decide whether I want to keep a picture before I download it.

Other than the resolution issue (which I hope I can get some replies to), and my rf concerns, the other issue I need to overcome, before my 15 days are up, is what accessories are available and needed. I have always used a carcharger/speakerphone/cradle. I had one for my Nokia and my wife now has one (separate cradle) with her LG vx4400. I like them and the speakerphone works better than the 8900's internal one. I have only found universal systems that would do this for me. I know the 8900 has only recently been released, but would like more accessories. There are multitudes of choices for the vx6000 all over the web. If I keep the phone, at least it uses a 2.5 mm jack and I could get a headset.

I will give more feedback as I use the phone.

11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    here is a comparison between the two phones, hope that helps.8900 and lg6000