Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help, is it true the Iphone is slower than the G2?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by yitzy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. yitzy

yitzy New Member

I was so excited to buy the new iphone that i went looking on youtube for some reviews and stumbled on several speed tests. Is it really true that the tmobile G2 is much faster than the iphone? I'm not sure if it is true and not sure what to believe.

The video shows a speed test at the end along with a review of the new G2 phone, but what I found interesting is the comments posted by customers of the competing phones. It seems the video has steered up a debate between the speeds of the G2 and the Iphone. I suppose it really is about the two different services; however, it isn't possible to get the iphone in t-mobile. Please read the comments and debate and let me know if what the people are saying is true.

[video=youtube;bJNZl7t7ws4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJNZl7t7ws4[/video]

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Correction: The iPhone can be used on T-Mobile, just not with 3G speeds, and provided it's unlocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spleck

spleck Tool

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think you'd be better off making your decision based on your preference of iOS vs Android, and T-Mobile vs AT&T.

4. tlagrone

tlagrone New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, MTA Wireless, T-Mobile
    I have the G2 and work closely with people with the iPhone. G2 on T-Mobile 4G blows the iPhone away when you have the coverage. T-Mobiles high speed footprint is much smaller than the AT&T 3G.

I have used the G2 on AT&T (EDGE) and others have used the iPhone on T-Mobile (EDGE).