Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help I'm a Newbie!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by dsm31, Sep 19, 2006.

1. dsm31

dsm31 New Member

Hello!

I am new to the forum so I am sure this question has been asked already....please be gentle....

I am currently a Nextel subscriber (i90) and I want to upgrade to the i580. Is there anyway of beating the Nextel upgrade price of $279.00 + $36.00 activation fee?

I currently have the free incoming plan at $39.00 per month.

2. MoonKnight

MoonKnight New Member

Is your phone working alright for now? If so I personally would wait for the new dual cdma/iDen phones to come out (in the next month or so I believe). From what I have heard the first batch is going to be exclusively offered to Nextel customers in the hope of encouraging the migration of Nextel users from the iDen to the cdma technology. I havn't heard anything, but it SEEMS like the perfect time for Sprint Nextel to offer a discount to make the switch. The hybrid phones aren't up to military specs like the i580 but are still built rather ruggid and rubberized from the concept pictures I've seen.

Also, whether you are planning to wait or not, you could call Sprint Nextel and see what kind of deal they can offer you on a new phone. The closer you are to your contract expiring and the longer you have been a customer the better. Many people seem to be able to negotiate discounts, though often it means resetting your contract period.

Hope that helps.

3. dsm31

dsm31 New Member

Thank you....that helps a lot! My current phone is working fine...I can wait until the new phones are out. Do you know if the new phones will have bluetooth like the i580?

4. MoonKnight

MoonKnight New Member

I havn't seen anything one way or the other for sure about Bluetooth. Somewhere I read that there were rumors of Bluetooth with the Motorola ic902, but thats about the extent of it.

Here is a page that has a little information and pictures of the next batch of Motorola phones for Nextel. There is a link there to more specs on the ic502 which is expected out soon along with the two other phones they mention (i880 and i885) which are NOT dual-mode hybrids. The ic902 which seems to be the more feature rich model won't be out until early next year and is only briefly mentioned, though there are pictures.