Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HELP: I Think I Broke It... (Nokia 3360)

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by zamurai, Jul 30, 2002.

1. zamurai

zamurai New Member

Hey All,

I was playing with an extra Nokia 3360 handset I had lying around...

And well, I was trying to check the serial number, by using the *#war0anty# code.

Well, it took me into the serial number screen, and I scrolled-through the different options, such as programmed date, etc...

I landed on "Transfer User Data?" and I hit "OK" and then "Cable Connected?" I hit "OK" again, and it said "Proceed with transfer?" and I hit "OK" one last time.

It gave me the barber-shop-style scroll bar, and since it wasn't really connected, I shut-off the phone.

Now it won't turn back on.

Anyone know of a solution? I tried removing the battery and waiting, and trying again, but nothing.

I guess maybe I can call Nokia, and say that the dealer broke it.

Luckily this is just a spare phone, and not my primary.

Any suggestions or help? Thanks in advance...

-- Elias

2. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

im not familiar with your nokia, but i can tell you that when most phones are in data transfer mode, its not advisable to interrupt the handset until the transfer is completed. At least that is true for when i am updating software/prl. If i remove the cable or the computer freezes up while its in download mode. The phone is usually "fried". But that is not always true. If your still under manufacturers warranty, just say you have no idea why the phone died.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for your input.

I fixed the problem.

Well... actually, I left the thing off overnight.

I tried powering it on in the morning, and it works.

Thanks again.

-- Elias

4. zamurai

zamurai New Member

Thanks for your input.

I fixed the problem.

Well... actually, I left the thing off overnight.

I tried powering it on in the morning, and it works.

Thanks again.

-- Elias