Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help: Connecting my Nokia 6131 memory card to my pc

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by superutd, Aug 29, 2007.

1. superutd

superutd New Member

I got one big problem regarding my Nokia 6131 and that is when i have to connect my SD memory card to my pc. I have a usb 2.0 hub, and i put the adapter + memory card in a memory card reader which in its turn is attached to the usb (pc --> usb --> memory card reader --> adapter + SD memory card).

The problem comes when i try to open Removable Disk F: (which is the place where the memory card is supposed to be) when the Insert Disk pops up telling me to insert a disk inside my pc. What am i doing wrong?. I would be really pleased if some1 helps me. Thanks in advance. :confused::loony:

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    You need to narrow down the problem. Do normal (not micro) SD cards work in this configuration? If so, the problem could be in the SD adapter. If not, the problem may be with the reader or with the hub. Also, if you have a DKU-2 cable you can connect the phone to the PC in the mass storage mode, if you still can't see the card perhaps the problem is with the card.

3. superutd

superutd New Member

thanks 4 ur help. i'll buy a new adapter cause that's where the problem is coming from i suppose. :rolleyes:

4. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Are you using the one that came with the microSD card? If so, make sure the microSD is fully inserted.

5. superutd

superutd New Member

yeah it came with the SD Card. I tried to make sure of that but the problem is still there:eek:

6. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Bummer. If you buy a replacement one, make sure you can return it — it's a less likely possibility, but it's possible that your reader (if it's too old) is not compatible with microSD even with adapters.

7. superutd

superutd New Member

nope it's not that old. actually things are getting better as i have just took the stuff to the shop and he said he could replace them if the technician can't find a solution for repairing the damaged thing. Anyway thanks a lot since ur the only person to reply and help me.

8. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Not a problem and hope they either exchange or resolve the issue for you.

9. superutd

superutd New Member

finally i had my things changed (that is the adapter and the memory card itself) but guess what another problem. "I:\ is not accessible.
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

10. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I've never seen that one before, sounds like an OS error to me. Have you tried formatting the card? What does it do if you right-click I: drive and choose properties?