Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Help choosing a new Sprint phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Bill Clinton, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I need some help choosing a new phone. Up for consideration are the following devices:
    -BB Pearl
    -HTC Touch
    -HTC Mogul
    -Motorola Razr2

Do any of these phones have a jack for an external antenna?

Also are there any phones coming out soon that I should wait for? I need something with good reception, a micro SD slot, a camera, and bluetooth, preferably stereo bluetooth.

Any information on these devices, reviews first hand experience with these phone would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I have the HTC Mobile and really do like it a lot - it's pretty amazing to have the same programs running that I was running on my 6700 but instead of having 16MB storage memory free and 8MB program memory, I have 70MB storage and 50MB program. I also have a Samsung M610 and my Touch is only slightly wider and deeper and the same height. Very pocketable and the same rubbery finish. It does not, however, have an external antenna jack. I have a Wilson SignalBoost that I could use with it (Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics) although I haven't actually tried it. I live in a 1x area, so I occasionally miss wifi but at home I just leave it plugged in to activesync and use my cable connection if I'm downloading big files (Audible books, movies, etc.). I didn't use the keyboard much on my 6700 and so I don't miss that - and I do have a Stowaway BT keyboard (Amazon.com: iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Blackberry and other PDA/ Handhelds: Cell Phones & Service) that works great. Also has an amazing wow factor when pulled it out in coffeeshops and airports.

Reception has been excellent, it has a micro sd slot (and takes up to 8GB cards), a camera (okay if you adjust the white balance), and so far impressive bt performance. I've paired it with a bt mouse, keyboard, earplugs, gps, and printer and they've all performed well.

Sprint will be releasing a new rom in the spring that should upgrade the phone to evdo-a and add internal gps. I've had pda's and pda phones for years, and this is certainly one of the best devices I've used, as well as being the smallest. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Thanks for the reply. How easily does the screen scratch? Reception is noticeably better than the M610 I assume? Thanks again.

4. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I use a screen protector (from Pocket PC Techs - Durable Screen Protector/Retractable Cable/Power Adapter Accessories, PDA Repairs, TouchScreen/LCD Repairs, RAM/Memory/Battery Upgrades for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Pocket PC Phone, Smartphone, Palm) so scratching hasn't been an issue - and it does seem very hard anyway. If you've played with one you know the screen doesn't sit down into the phone so there isn't nearly as much chance of junk getting in there and messing with the digitizer (hope that makes sense). My M610 has always given me pretty good reception - except for the weird habit of occasionally going into roaming for no particular reason at all. Haven't noticed that in the same places with the Touch. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    My friend has the Razr on Sprint with a high end Motorola Bluetooth headset. It sounds good in his area, Reading Pa. seems to have good reception there as well.

6. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    How is the range for the bluetooth on his Razr? I have one phone with bluetooth but it is almost useless because the range is so short.

7. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I tend to prefer the smaller phones with the best form factor and that would be the Moto Razr2.

8. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I am probably not going with the Mogul. The wifi would be nice however.

Does anybody have experience with the CDMA Pearl? Also if anyone has information about upcoming devices from Sprint I would appreciate that. I saw a Blackjack like device coming out for Sprint. That looked like it might be worth waiting for. Is anything else is coming along that I should know about before buying a new phone?

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Not to speak for andy but he has the cdma pearl and loves loves this phone. I know that if I could I would get this phone cause it is so much better than the GSM one IMO.

10. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Good luck with the Mogul, I am with Sheureka, the Touch is awesome little device. :)

11. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I like the Touch also. I finally got to use one for a bit, it was more sturdy that I expected. I am hoping to get something in the next week or so. How is the camera on the Touch?