Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Heading Back to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by ComicalMoodyDan, May 8, 2013.

1. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well I've been using NET10 a little while now but I've not been impressed with their CS and I'm having some data/mms issues with them as well. I've also wanted a new phone but wanted something reasonable and not on a contract. So I'm heading back to T-Mobile, I purchased the LG Optimus L9 on Amazon for $189.99 with free shipping and no tax. Amazon tracking says it is expected to be here Saturday.

I believe I will go with the $60 Unlimited Voice/Text/MMS plan with 2 GB of data. I will be selling my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on eBay, most likely under a buy it now format. I haven't decided on the price yet but it will be reasonable and I will throw in a nice case with it and not charge extra for shipping either. So on that note if anybody is interested in it hit me up and when I put it on eBay I will let you know.

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile: : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T679 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Welcome back.

I don't think anyone is impressed with their customer service, same for the sister services TracFone and Straight Talk.

Please report back on how the LG is working out for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 EdwardP, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Actually since I was going to bring my own T-Mobile phone. I decided to go post paid and have the advantages of that service but still not have a contract. I bought a Micro SIM from T-Mobile today on post paid service and stacked a corp discount. $51 a month for Unlimited Voice/TXT/MMS and 2.5 GB of data on Post paid service with no contract is a great deal, you seriously can't beat that. I was told with taxes my service would run around $56 a month or so. That's even a little cheaper than prepaid T-Mobile in my case! I'm pretty happy and can't wait to get my phone and post paid Micro SIM card in.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW yes Net10's CS is terrible. I have an SIM card with them programmed to AT&T's Network and use an AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket. It's worked very well until the past month or so. It started with me upgrading the OS from ICS to Jelly Bean. After the update I lose mobile data period after trying everything I filled out a support ticket on Facebook with them and they informed that upgrading the OS caused the mobile data to not work anymore. They advised me to get a new SIM card which I did and it worked, well almost it. Everything worked but MMS and I could never get that to work again. I figured this is no big deal I pay $50 a month for service and it works well for me minus that and I rarely use MMS so whatever. Well I reset my phone last night due to some issues and once again even a phone reset apparently somehow breaks my data. I basically can't make any OS changes, reset the phone or anything every time I do it kills my mobile data and I have to buy another SIM card. This is what Net10 told me and that's stupid, I'm not going to keep buying SIM cards every time I have to reset, upgrade my OS, or who knows what else.

Yes NET10's CS is horrible I tried to call them one time was on hold for almost an hour and finally talked to somebody that was outsourced and honestly had no idea what I was saying. Her English was very bad. After that I just decided if I needed them to contact them on Facebook, which sadly is what I've heard most do. So many users with Net10 say the same thing that if you want support to send them a support request on Facbook. I have to admit the CS is better on there and they are fairly quick with responses. However it's terrible the only support I get with them is online.

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    TracFone/Net10/ST customer service is located outside of the U.S. I don't know if it's actually outsourced to a company outside of America Movil (the parent), but for severe problems, it is possible to speak to someone in Miami, Florida if the correct phone number is used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The second time I called the Miami number I still was on hold for about twenty minutes and while the CS was a bit better the person still wasn't that helpful. It's obvious that whether outsourced or not their CS goes by a script and knows very little beyond that. I got my T-Mobile phone already from Amazon and my SIM was shipped today for the post paid service. I'm hoping to get my service activated and my number ported Friday or Saturday.