Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

***HAVE A RAZR QUESTION?*** Visit the RAZR forum

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by bobolito, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    All Motorola RAZR discussions (V3, V3i, V3m, V3c, V3x, etc.) are being moved to the new RAZR Phones subforum. Please post your RAZR related topics there.

The subforum is located at the top of the Motorola forum, or by clicking on this address:
    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/razr-phones/

You can also access it from the link at the top of the Verizon Users forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cherylri72

cherylri72 New Member

I have a Verizon Razr 3m phone. I recently purchased the VCast music essentials kit so I can dowload music to my phone. The problem is my pc is not recognizing the phone. I spent two hours on the phone today with Verizon and it is still not working. Under device manager it lists a MTP device but no driver for it. On the software I downloaded a the motorola drivers and the software that goes to my windows media player 10 but still nothing. Can someone help because obviously Verizon can't help me.

Thanks

Cheryl

3. dar1960

dar1960 New Member

Hey Cheryl! I'm having the same problem. I looked alot of the forums and I've noticed that we need to buy the mobile phone tools software for motorola. The problem I'm running into is most of the mobile phone tools come in version 4.0, which I know will upgrade to the most recent, but it doesn't state that the v3m is compatible. Does anyone know if this is how it's supposed to be, and that's where the "seeming" comes into play - so that we can make it compatible? I hate to spend the money on this too and then it doesn't work. HELP!!!

Darlene

4. lindsey

lindsey New Member

I have a Razr V3m from Verizon that I'm trying to sell on ebay. I'm selling it because the screen is broken, so I can't see anything on it. So I can't delete all my pictures/messages/numbers/etc. Does anyone know if there's a way I can reset it?

5. micwilli77

micwilli77 New Member

cherylri72,

When you connect your phone and the pc together you need to go to GET TUNES & Tones then push "5" or arrow down to Sync music. Once that starts going your computer will see your phone. Then once it finishes syncing just hit the CLR or END button.

Darlene,

You don't need to purchase Motorola Mobile Phone Tools software other than to sync your address book, calendar, etc. You can use it for syncing music and short videos though, but I would stick with using Windows Media Player v10 or higher.

Another idea is to copying the music directly to your micro-memory card by transferring the files directly onto the card via a memory card reader, but I think its slower than using the usb cable.

Hope this helps.

6. micwilli77

micwilli77 New Member

lindsey

Have you asked Verizon if they can do anything? Did you happen to install Backup Assistant? If you did then you would be able to login to the website and delete your numbers at least. Or you can try and download Mobile Phone Tools then sync up all your info and delete it from there.

Do you still have the phone up for auction? How much are you asking for it? I was looking for a new case to paint and replace my old one.

Michael

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    You may not have noticed, but that the post you replied to was almost 4 months old. I am sure that if the OP really wanted to get rid of the phone it is long gone by now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. micwilli77

micwilli77 New Member

I did notice that. But it doesn't hurt to try does it? She may of had no offers of yet, threw it in a box and now collects dust in her closet. Ever think of that? I have an old phone or two that I still have. You never know when I might need it or someone else.

Also my replies to the other posts were a few months late as well. They may or may not of fixed their problem. Also someone might have that problem as well and stumble upon this thread and it could help them.

Do you have a RAZR? I just got into modding/hacking mine. Have you done anything cool with it? Looking for new stuff to do.

9. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    My V3 is so hacked that I think if I returned it back to stock condition I think it would suffer a meltdown... LOL. I don't run stock software on any of my Motorola phones, and then after that is all the custom mods I do...

-Jay

10. micwilli77

micwilli77 New Member

Nice! I almost bricked my phone a couple of times. Who does your phone service? My next project is paint the case. I hate that stock silver color.

11. tinkerbel

tinkerbel New Member

go to address and copy and paste :):)

mobile phone accessories with pre owned cell phones at cellphoneshop and buy

a new cover today they cost 4.95 last day they come in all colors
    bye good luck

12. HBaby300

HBaby300 New Member

i did this when i plugged my phone in and it said i needed to install some kind of software but i don't know what the software is.

13. micwilli77

micwilli77 New Member

Re-reading your earlier posts, your computer is lacking the appropiate drivers. Head on over to Hack the Razr :: Downloads for the Razr and download the USB Driver Tool. You may need to unplug your phone and then plug it back in once the drivers are installed. If you still have a problem then try downloading "MTP Fix" from the same page. If you are still having a problem then message me back and we'll go from there.

One way or another we will solve your problem.

14. 1Sniper

1Sniper New Member

ok, i just got a new razr 3m for christmas, but i have tried to do v-cast music downloading, but it doesnt work. everytime i try opening v-cast music is opens but says this: "server error, request failed" then when i try buying a song it comes up with the same thing " server error, request failed"

can anbody help?

15. MilkcartonKid

MilkcartonKid New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My incoming calls picture is small now. I believe it was large, Full screen even, before but now it is just a tiny pic. Like one that would fit in the face display. any advice or ideas on this?

16. k33bl3r

k33bl3r New Member

EGADS!!

A co-worker recently gave me her Razr that she only used for about a month before her boyfriend bought her a different phone. But that's all she gave me. She said she couldn't find the chargers nor the box. And so, I've been using my USB cord on my comp to charge it. Now it's saying that it isn't a valid charger and isn't compatible. When I went to Motorola's site and downloaded the driver, I couldn't get it to install, and it wasn't found by Windows Hardware Installer. I was wondering if this was a Vista problem, or if I'm just doing something wrong.

17. Kingston08

Kingston08 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless, Cricket, Net 10

Vista still has many problems with its software

18. sweettish

sweettish New Member

Hi I don't know if you're still helping with Razors I have the 3Vm and I downloaded the links and I don't know how to change "My Music" into ring tones or can you??