Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

has anyone ever heard of boost unlimited?

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by walkguru, Feb 15, 2008.

1. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    i saw this at walmart the other day.

45.00 for unlimited talk.

50.00 for unlimited talk and text.

55.00 for unlimited talk, text, and internet.

sounds like a sweet deal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Yes, we have it here in Charlotte. I have yet to find anyone using it. Their marketing does not exactly target me and my friends, ya know? It is owned by Sprint, not a MVNO. They give you a regional calling area and if you leave that area it is 15 cents a minute. You can only use Sprint's network, no roaming. So that kind of sucks. They only offer 2 crappy phones and no EVDO. No multi-line discounts. I would rather sign up for Cricket and get unlimited with 100 roaming minutes for 55 dollars. At least you roam on Alltel, Verizon, USCC, etc with Cricket. Plus Cricket has 4 or 5 major cities here in the Carolinas covered. And they do not insult my inteligence with Ghetto marketing. The Boost deal is ok if you never leave your home area, I guess, and never travel into rural areas.

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    In Tallahassee, Boost Unlimited has taken off here. Boost has no one to compete with here... Metro's closest market to me is Daytona/Orlando or Atlanta; Cricket is in Macon/Columbus, GA.

Boost Phone selection is woeful...only 2 phones. One of which Sprint carried and stopped selling shortly thereafter... the C290.

I think the coverage areas leave a lot to be desired. The Atlanta market only includes Atlanta, Macon, Columbus, Albany, and Dothan.... they can include Dothan but not the whole state of Georgia (although it's more than Metro's GA network)? What is that? The Tallahassee area only includes Talahassee, JAcksonville, and Gainesville areas. And Florida is split into three areas... so there is no free statewide roaming. Boost could have shined by allowing free statewide roaming on Sprint towers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. danielkarluk

danielkarluk Junior Member

Wirelessly posted (Kwc-1000: KWC-M1000/1.0.06 UP.Browser/6.2.3.9.g.1.110 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

boost walkie talkie is cool, but they need to offer phones with a qwerty keyboard for data users.

5. bambam

bambam Junior Member

A family member has been using them for a few months , The local coverage in Atlanta is far better than MetroPcs . Their Ghetto marketing is really something .

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    LOL It's hard to miss their orange/black billboards around town... but you cant make out the fine print in the billboard ads.

7. maa1775

maa1775 New Member

My Phone:
    TM 506
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T Mobile
    Boost is more for the younger crowd with marginal credit that need more of a prepay option:cool:

8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It's not too bad of an option if Sprint CDMA is good in your area... it's sad that they're the only unlimited noncontract game in my area. I am not fond of their home coverage areas, but people around have been buying Boost phones like there's no tomorrow; so folks around here arent too irked by their home coverage area.

9. danielkarluk

danielkarluk Junior Member

sprint cdma 1900 mhz sites are more plentiful in birmingham, AL than iden sites that boost chirp phones use. Anyone in southernlincs coverage should get a southernlinc instead of nextel if they want chirp because southernlinc has much wider coverage in AL, GA, and some of MS and FL.

10. Particular

Particular Banned

My Phone:
    At&t Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    At&t, sprint, T-mobile
    Replying to the original message, yes I have heard of boost unlimited I think basically just gives you unlimited chrip, and more voice command options with your device.

11. cade2000

cade2000 New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Expanding the "home" areas, so as to compete with Cricket and metro pcs who can use their service in dozens of cities throughout the U.S, and a wider selection in phones, and that would make Boost a bit more formidable. But Sprint has their own unlimited plan now, so thats probably why they are limiting their prepay service, who knows. As far as the ads? Yeah they can be a little insulting to some....but man I find them hilarious sometimes!

12. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

since I first posted this cricket has come to our town. there are lots of tv adds for them. so I guess cricket is the hot thing around here now.