Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HAS ANYONE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN TRANSFERRING RINGTONES TO THE NOKIA 3589i VIA DKU-5 DATA CABLE????

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by SBERB2468, Nov 5, 2003.

1. SBERB2468

SBERB2468 Guest

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful in transferring ringtones via the DKU-5 data cable and Nokia PC Suite to the Nokia 3589i for Verizon Wireless? I have found that it will only allow me to download wallpapers into the Gallery. Everytime I try to transfer a ringtone it gives me an error message, "Failed to update the ringing tone to the phone." If anyone has been successful in downloading a ringtone via data cable please post how it is done. Thanks in advance.

2. BurningSensation

BurningSensation New Member

Verizon had Nokia disable the upload from the Nokia PC Suite.[​IMG]
    But I've found that MobiMB works![​IMG]

3. hdude

hdude New Member

I just wanted to agree with the above poster - MobiMb works pretty good . I've dowloaded several midi files to my computer , and then just click & drag to MobiMb's window & presto ! you got ringtones . 1 thing I noticed though is you can't upload a midi file larger than 21 kb

4. VWDriver

VWDriver New Member

2 quick questions: What program are you guys using to convert mp3 etc. files to midi? And will this work with a Nokia 6560?

5. Jamie12876

Jamie12876 New Member

Verizon swears they have no clue why my data cable will transfer wallpapers but not ringtones. Of course I think they LIE [​IMG]

6. tattoounknown28

My Phone:
    nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    technically you have to pay using the GIN feature to get ring tones and games just a way for them to make extra money.

7. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    operators from verizon/cingular/sprint etc are not very smart. they do not know about the phones their companies sell, and much less phones that they dont sell. these operators are like robots, they only know what pops up in their screen. i work at radio shack, and we have to call sprint and verizon many times to do activations. sometimes i, or my coworkers, ask questions about a certain phone, and they dont know the answer.

of course, this is a generalization.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    Whats MobiMB?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...