Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Handheld Device amps!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by bluechip, Mar 7, 2002.

1. bluechip

bluechip New Member

All I know is that there are too hot, medium temperature and too cold! Sounds like Goldilocks and the three bears, huh? I can't find my article link for amps. Oh well...

Also, regarding antenna boosters, here's a CBS article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/02/20/tech/main330039.shtml

Any feedback would be appreciated. thanx.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The article you reference talks about radiation SHIELDS -- about as far from BOOSTERS as you can get.

And could youy clarify what you are talking about here. "Too hot", "too cold", ..... Amplifiers will get warm, especially the small ones that would be used for high powered handhelds. Heat is the death of circuit chips, and if the phone was too hot to hold, it would assuredly not be long for this world as the chips literally fried inside.

3. bluechip

bluechip New Member

Exactly.

But amps for handhelds are coming of age, so to speak. And they must be the right temp.!

Thanx Again Anon!

Maybe my signature should be..."I HATE Dropped Calls", but I rather like...

4. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Well with Voicestream you prolly say that alot i suppose? =)

5. bluechip

bluechip New Member

Who do you use now? Did you ever use Voicestream? What's their particular problem versus other carriers? I used AT&T, i-wireless, and calls were dropped with them too! Who's the BEST in your opinion?

Thanx. [​IMG]

6. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Well since you've tried the rest now try the best either go with VZW !!