Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. ritammoore

ritammoore New Member

I'm looking to buy a new phone and I don't want to spend a bunch of money only find out that cellular one doesn't work with the phone. I want to buy the LG F9100, I've been looking on ebay and see that they are compatible with AT&T Wireless, Cingular, Fido, Rogers AT&T, T-Mobile. That discourages me, but I rarely ever see a phone on ebay listed with cellular one service....

anyways, any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU.

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial

I believe that as long as a phone is compatible with Cingular or T-Mobile it will be compatible with Cellular One. GSM is the key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    ritammoore, There appear to be as many as three companies in WV using the Cellular One name. Could you tell us what county you are in, and the store's county, too? Town names would be okay.

Also please mention what make and model phone that you are using now.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Agrippa

Agrippa New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Revol, Sprintel
    gsm is gsm.

as long as your subscriber account is updated with the new phone's esn, and you get the prl downloaded to your mobile, you should be able to use the service.

5. Tauro72

Tauro72 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola SLVR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    * Cingular *
    You might have to unlock your phone to get it to work with your provider.. But, I thought that most Cellular One services were via CDMA?

Which version do you have? GSM or CDMA?

6. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I think you're getting GSM confused w/ CDMA. We haven't determined what type of network his carrier uses yet. W/ GSM all you have to do is switch your SIM card. Only CDMA & TDMA networks require the phone's ESN.