Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

GSM echo on GAIT phone

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Charles58, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Charles58

Charles58 New Member

I have a Nokia 6340i. Cingular has just started GSM in my home area (Ocean County NJ). In about 1 out of 10 calls I get an echo when I speak. This does not happen on TDMA. Can anyone give any info. on this condition?

2. scohen

scohen Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I wish I could offer some more usefull info, but just so you know, the echo happens to me on verizon CDMA also. Its like every once and a while I'll make a call, and I'll hear everything I say back again with a second or so delay. Its like I'm hearing what the other person is hearing on their phone. Must be some sort of crossed circuit that is returning your outbound singnal back to your phone again by mistake as it also sends it out the recieving party.

3. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I've had 2 6340i phones since March of this year. Never had this problem, GSM or TDMA. Also never heard it with the 720 GSM.

Until this weekend. It happened once when I was in one call and had the another call on hold. It worked fine until I swapped back to the first caller and dropped the second. Then I had that echo.

After that one experience, it didn't happen again. I was on gSM. I've not sure this is much help to you. I felt like it didn't really drop the second caller competely.

4. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    try turning down the speaker volume on the phone when it happens. if that doesnt help then its something network related. i also get it with verizon occassionally. sometimes though, it is the phone itself.

5. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    wish i had some better news for you however it sounds network related. if the network is new down there there may be a few bugs to still work out. bobolito may be able to give you a technical reason for the echo effect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...