Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

GSM Bands in Vermont

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by sesro1978, Feb 26, 2008.

1. sesro1978

sesro1978 New Member

Hi-

Anyone know what GSM bands operate in VT; specifically the Quechee/Hartland area for at&t. I know at&t has roaming partners so if I had a phone with only the 1900 MHz band would it roam onto other company's towers provided they were broadcasting that band?

Also, is there any way to determine which band my current dual-band (850/1900) cell phone is using most frequently?

Thanks for your help!

~S

2. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    The only GSM available in that area, would be from Unicel. It would be 850 Mhz only.

3. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    almost all GSM phones have at least 850 and 1900 (at least phones in the US) . even cheapo "GO PHONES" have both bands..worse case scenario go spend 15 bucks and get a go phone and use that

4. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Right now AT&T uses Unicel to roam off in Vermont because AT&T doesn't provide native coverage. UInicel is the only GSM carrier in Vermont and they use 850MHz except for a very few areas where they have some 1900MHz coverage. You really need a phone with the 850MHz band if you want GSM coverage in Vermont.

5. dmarkson

dmarkson New England Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    9530, v3xx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T, TMO, USC, BOOST, VIRG, PP
    Unicel has shut down most (if not all) of its 1900 MHz cells. I found a couple 1900 MHz cells around Burlington and perhaps MP over the past year, but I don't know that they are still operating.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...