Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

GPS through Sprint Navigation on Sanyo M1 broken?!?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by johnequickiii, Jun 5, 2009.

1. johnequickiii

johnequickiii New Member

I have a Sanyo M1, and for some reason, about 2 weeks ago, my GPS just stopped working. I was using it one night to see how far my speedometer in my car is off, and the very next day it refused to work.

I try to use the compass, and it tells me there is No GPS. I use the turn by turn, and it'll give me my current location, but tell me that I need to find a better sky view.

I took it to my local Sprint store, and they replaced my phone with a refurb. To my surprise, the replacements GPS didn't work either. I took my old phone back. lol

Anyway, I am really trying to figure this one out. I thought it was the phone, but with the replacement reacting the very same way, my thinking is shifting towards it being a problem somewhere on Sprint's side. I went as far as thinking that it was even that Sprint Navigation no longer supports the M1 anymore, but who knows. Even with a support ticket and an hour long conversation, nothing was resolved.

I was told initially that one of the towers my phone was using was in roaming mode, and that was probably why it was happening, but then in the same breath tole me that a power cycle of my phone would resolve it. Explain to me that one... lol

Anyway, if anyone has any info about what this could possible be, please do let me know. I'd love to use my GPS again. o,O;

2. fitzberry

fitzberry New Member

My Phone:
    curve 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint
    order a new phone. roaming shouldnt be the issue. if the same fone has the same issue...then get a new one!

3. johnequickiii

johnequickiii New Member

The thing is, I don't have the money to buy another phone. It's more of a mission to find out why this issue only seems to be effecting the Sanyo M1, and why it just decided to happen w/o any warning.