Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Got my 3G iPhone at 9am

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Jul 11, 2008.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I got my iphone from ATT at 9am. At home, synch'd and playing. Some att stores already sold out (and big stores). Try the smaller ones.

One phone per person. Period.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Enjoy your new toy.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Congrats.:highclap: I heard that there were some people had problems with the software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Well I got it and I can't even use it! I need to activate the phone through iTunes since it couldn't be done through the store. One problem, iTunes had an overload and it can't be done and customer service does not have an idea of when it'll be up again... I'm porting my number so I'll probably be phoneless until they fix the problem. Great way to start with at&t again... :mad:

5. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/542; U; en))

so how do you like it?

6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    love it!!!

7. treotosh

treotosh Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/At&t
    My 16gb white iphone 3g is coming in the mail:D

8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Mine went smoothly. They had to replace the sim in the iPhone with a new one. Then it worked, and I went home and registered with iTunes just fine. Outlook contacts and calendar when smoothly and very nice

However later in the day, and at Apple no phone could register. The system was overloaded.

9. treotosh

treotosh Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/At&t
    ViewFly, thanks for making this thread:popcorn:

10. treotosh

treotosh Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/At&t
    but did you buy the headset with the iphone to, or did you just get the phone?

11. spleck

spleck Tool

My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'll probably try my luck Saturday or Sunday. The word is that the stores have separate shipments that can only be sold on a specific day. So if they're "out of stock" today, they actually have an allocation in back waiting for tomorrow.

12. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    The white headset/microphone comes with the iPhone.

BTW, a really nice case is offered by ATT (in their package). Called, 'Gel Case for iPhone 3G'. By Incipio.

Come will black soft gel for back and clear crystal screen cover. Plus a stand for the iPhone. Only $19.95.

It works great. Feels nice, and slim. Little bulk.

BTW, offspring got iPhone this afternoon at Apple. Now we are 2 iphone family. Got it to synch this afternoon too.

13. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    In the stores, both apple and att, they said it might take a week to get. But apple has plenty, with more coming the next days. ATT seems to be hurting again.

14. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Okay, it finally did it for me!!!! I absolutely love the phone so far! I'm very glad to see that at&t coverage has improved here by a long shot. My number ported to at&t successfully from T-Mobile.

QUESTION: Other than syncing with your contacts on Outlooks, which I don't have any, is the only other way to put in contacts is by typing each one out?

15. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    If you (or your local store) has a SIM card reader you can have your contacts copied from your old TMO SIM and transfer them to your new ATT SIM. Otherwise an unlocked phone can do this as well. Put your TMO sim in an unlocked phone. Copy all of your contacts to the phone. Remove your TMO SIM. Put your ATT SIM card in the phone. Copy all entries in phone memory to the ATT SIM card.

-Jay

16. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I did find a menu for 'import contacts from SIM' in the iPhone. You could put the old sim in there and give it a try. But really, if you never used Outlook,give it a try...this way is so easy.

BTW, the RF, as determined by 'bars' (no lecture please, I know exactly what this does not mean), seems low.HOWEVER, the calls go through, 3G or 2G.

It reminds me of a very old, but extremely nice Moto I had with VoiceStream (aka Tmobile). That was a $900 phone back in 1998. It could pull calls in with 1 or no bars (as long as it said voice stream on the screen).

So the many comments on HoFO that the RF stinks based on bars may be all garbage comments. But more exploration is needed on my part. But so far I am happy. Plus the Audio is very good. Could hear it clearly standing in the mall with 100 others waiting for the 2nd iPhone.

Writing a review soon.

17. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Congrats on your purchase viewfly. I am looking forward to your review. Depending on the reviews (and if it is available when I get back to Florida next week), I might swap my Tilt (since we are new AT&T customers as of 7/5/08) for a 3G iPhone (I don't want to jump the gun until I read reviews and personally play with it at the store).

18. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah, to bad the servers had to go down. I too am going to wait for your review and wait a while to let the hype die down and let all the bugs get worked out. Also I just got a new Blackberry Pearl and I'm starting to get attached to it :D

19. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    i wonder if you can put the iphone 3G into field test like you could with the old one.

you could probably see both networks 2G and 3G.

20. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just got the iPhone 3G yesterday and decided not to port my number from Verizon until my billing cycle with them ends, so I ended up getting a "temporary" AT&T number. My question is, when I go in to port my number from Verizon, will they need to give me a new SIM card, or will my number just override the one AT&T gave me? I've heard different stores.

21. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Did that. See my iPhone review post. But this is what I got:

3 Bars -89 dBm
    2 Bars - 93 dBm
    1 Bar ~97 to 101 more or less.

It was a little difficult to do, since the field test mode also replaces the 'bar' map with the dBm number. Cute, but you can't observe the bar level at the same time as the dBm reading.
    I listened and talked at both ends to judge received and transmitted quality. I was in 2G for this test. I turned off 3G.

Even at 1 bar, the call audio was crisp and clean as at full bars. I was amazed. I used it landline to iPhone and iPhone to iPhone. Much better than my Noki 6131

22. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    with normal gsm phones you just use the same SIM card. UMTS should be the same.

23. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ok. That's good to know. And do you know, if I've already set up my AT&T Account online, will it just update my number or will it delete my account?

24. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It should just update, I changed my number a few months ago and it updated online with in a few hours. I head some people it took a day or two for there's to change. That's cool they left that feature in. I like with my Blackberry you can change the bars to the decibel reading. I'll still hold off on getting it as I keep seeing people having problems with the software and I have no 3G in my town to fully take advantage of it :(

25. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Well I caved in as I picked one up yesterday and let go of the BB (as it was on its last leg) and I can say so far I don't regret it. I am actualy typing faster with it as compared to the BB and teh call quality is even betrer despite me always thinking tat the BB had the best (BB is better than the original iphone). I just mis teh push email whee the BB adjusts based on use and it could go down to as litle as 1 mintue and as know the fastest with teh iphone is 15 mintues. The mobileme push is very quick but it will not fetch and push from other accounts. An apple employee told me that this seems to be in the works but has no idea when.

26. spleck

spleck Tool

My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Syncing from a Mac to the cloud is limited to 15 minutes or more. Push from the cloud to the iPhone from an Exchange server, MobileMe, and Yahoo (maybe) should be true push (when it works right :rolleyes: ). Mac OS X is getting integrated Exchange support, so we should see true push coming in the next version.

27. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well, I decided to get an iPhone 3G as well. I haven't got it yet, but ALL the stores in Michigan are "out of stock". But this coming wednesday I'm going to swing by the at&t store in gaylord and do a Direct Fufilment order. So then I have to wait for a 16GB Black iPhone 3G to come in via FedEx, and then drive all the way back to Gaylord to pick it up whenever it comes in. I'm hoping that come wednesday, the store will have some in stock :O

28. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    I was told today by one f the stores that they did not get any re-stock since the second day. They have been told that some is on the way and you could be lucky and them having it by then. Apple stores (at least some) might be getting more on Monday so keep checking with them and hopefully if they get it they will not have a big line. LOL, every time I passed by one of their stores (in VA) they always had over 300 on line.

29. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Congratulations!!
    I've driven many times through Gaylord, on my way up to Sleeping Bear Dunes...a very long time ago.

Enjoy!