Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Got ic902 on a CDMA retentions plan!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Nextel32708, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    This is great. I called up retentions because I was due to upgrade my phone, and renew my contract. I was looking at the ic902 by Motorola; which is a PowerSource/Hybrid phone.

I have been a longtime customer, and I have a very nice (at least I like it) Retention plan on the CDMA side of the network... which I didn't want to loose. But at the same time I wanted the Nextel DirectConnect. So I made a few calls around, finally got in touch with Hybrid Support, and they looked at my account and said "Sure we can!"; so they notated my account!

Now, when I recieve my ic902 I can just call Hybrid Support and get the phone put on my account. Then get the $5.00 DirectConnect add-on put on my plan. Therefore I will have a CDMA Retention plan, with a Hybrid phone (ic902), and the $5.00 DirectConnect add-on feature!

I don't know if anyone else knew, but now I do - Hybrid/PowerSource phones can be put onto normal CDMA plans, and then you just have to add the $5.00 DirectConnect feature to use the PTT feature!

I am very happy - I just had to share!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    Well last night was on the phone for two hours with a rep from Hybrid Support. She was really helpful.

We got switched to the Hybrid side and then put back on all my CDMA add-ons. Great job Sprint!

So a CDMA retentions plan can be meshed with a Hybrid phone!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...