Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Got Cingular today. Service _really_suck!

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by kindaichi, Jul 23, 2002.

1. kindaichi

kindaichi New Member

Got the $30 plan today.
    Oh man, the reception suck big time. Right after I get off from Bart on Glen Park Station, the signal meter hits 4 blocks.
    Then I start approaching Arlington St. Talk about reception, 2 blocks all the way until the second bridge, NO SERVICE.
    Once I reached the end of the bridge, the meter displayed 2 blocks again. Alas, no signal at all in the house.
    I reget for buying that plan so easily. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You have either 72hours or 14 days (if you are in california) to cancel the contract and return the equipment. You will only be charged for the time used. Return it!

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cingular's return policy I believe is 15 days. Unless you bought from a reseller then it could be as low as 72 hours.

Take the phone back, get out of your contract.

4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Where are you located at?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i'd suggest you return the phone immediately without further delay!!! don't care if they're spending a billion bucks to upgrade, you won't see this improvement any time soon.

try verizon or at&t.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

it doesn't matter where you live, you won't see any service any time soon, if ever. i know this, i had cingular 3 years ago, until this day 7-23-2002, it still sucks. my friend has it and it's difficult to reach this guy, i get either system busy, or voicemail.

try verizon or at&t. beats cingular. can you hear me now? =)

7. kindaichi

kindaichi New Member

I am in San Francisco. The Cingular sales from Market street told me that T-mobile's reception is the same,
    at a glance, I picked Cingular instead because of the night minutes.

I got the plan from a reseller.
    Tried returning it to the reseller, they said once the phone is used (counter started).
    They will not be able to refund.

Will have to try the Cingular store tomorrow. [​IMG]

Thanks for the advise!