Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Got a free airave!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ace41690, Nov 26, 2008.

1. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I called sprint today, said I wanted to cancel cuz I have to stand on one foot while balancing a glass of chocolate milk on my head to get a signal. And now there sendin me an absolutely free airave, can't wait to get it. I'm very happy with sprint lately, they'll give you almost anything these days!

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Nice. Let us know how it works.

3. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    So I just installed the airave, its pretty good. The bars on my phone fly all over the place if im not within 20 ft of the thing, but the calls still go through. I am having one problem though, no incoming calls? My phone wont recieve any calls, neither will anyone elses. I tried calling one from the house phone, and i even tried calling one from one of the other phones. But still no incoming calls come in. ... Also I suddenly have no service... sigh, ill be back (walking up stairs)

4. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It is normal to only have full bars where you are close to it. But pay no attention to the bars because you will have a very low EC-IO (signal noise) which gives the phones the ability to work even with 0 or 1 bar.

But incoming calls should work prefectly. That is the reason I got the Airave and it has lived up to my expectations 100%.

5. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well its working better now. I started getting incoming calls after it just had that no service glitch. I noticed that as you said, even with 1 bar my calls are clear as could be. I'm very happy now. I even get the internet still (although 1X)

I guess it just takes a minute to gather itself, although it only took about five minutes to get up and runnin.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My initial set-up took about 30 minutes for all the lights to go blue but that was back in August. I think they have a quicker process now.

A one or two bar Airave signal is usually as good or better than a 3 bar signal from the regular network due to the much better EC-IO.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    are they charging you the monthly airave fee?

i don't really need it cuz i usually get full bars everywhere in my house :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Nope, they aren't charging me anything. With regard to the bars, its unfortunate that sprint doesn't have good coverage here, they are going to start losing a lot of customers to verizon. In all honesty, I shouldn't have to pay for an "airave coverage area" to make up for sprint's shortcomings. THEY should build more towers.

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Too bad you're not in iPCS territory. ;) They are actually investing more in new towers than Sprint is right now.

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i have been in many binds with Sprint where i have one or no bars, and i was like alright well ill force my phone to roam but it turns out verizon had no service even with their 800 license which confounded me.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I dont like verizons network. They may have more coverage with their 800mhz and what not, but its not "good" coverage. I see people drop calls on verizon with a lotta bars. Atleast with sprint, if i do have coverage the call doesnt drop, and the voice quality is good. I only drop calls when i am leaving a service area.

12. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i also noticed that i always start out roaming on their 1900 EV-DO network then i get pushed back to 800 1xRTT

and to top it off........whenever i send text messages while roaming 90% of the time it tells me the text wasnt sent when it actually was.......

13. sunsoaker8

sunsoaker8 New Member

Do you know if IPCS is adding any new towers in southwest Ohio? I have a summer home in Celina, Ohio and the signal is so bad I have an AT&T phone that I use there during the summer.