Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Gossip about Cingular and the Holidays

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by pfp, Nov 5, 2002.

1. pfp

pfp Senior Member

Here's what I've heard, and I want anyone who knows any more to verify it and tell me anything else they may know. I don't have POSITIVE info on any of this, as I said, it's gossip. Here we go:

1: I don't know if this is happening already everywhere else (upstate NY seems to be the last to get anything), but to make up for the lost N/W minutes, Cingular Nation Plans will get Rollover minutes. I'm sure everyone things the N/W minutes are better, but hey, wasn't my decision, right?

2:If you want a Nation Plan with N/W minutes, it looks like you can grab it in Oklahoma or Rochester, NY. Maybe you could go through relocation after that, but once you relocate, you start a new year, so they may make you switch to something offered there. If you waited 1-3 months, though, I'd see it as them letting you keep your plan.

3: New employee contest. Sounds like they're giving out a plasma television.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

What kind of plasma? Runco or Elite? What size screen? Is it High-Def?

3. pfp

pfp Senior Member

*whips out a baseball bat with a nail through the end of it*

Don't make me use this.

Notice that I said the contest SOUNDS LIKE they're giving out a plasma? Only reason I even know this is because I saw the filename of the teaser posters (something like plasma contest poster 1 and plasma contest poster 2)...

AND THE INFORMATION I CARE ABOUT RELATES TO THE PLANS!

P

*grumbles something about anonymous posters*

4. Guest

Guest Guest

RITMarketer,

I hear the Panasonic plasmas have a high failure rate. Is that true?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it a Family Talk w/ Preferred Nation Network plans promotion that includes rollover minutes and 3,000 n&w minutes?

$19.99 extra lines
    $39.99 350 rollover + 3000
    $49.99 500 rollover + 3000
    $69.99 900 rollover + 3000
    $99.99 1200 rollover + 3000
    $149.99 2000 rollover + 3000
    $199.99 3000 rollover + 3000

Vic

6. Guest

Guest Guest

They are already offering 3000 n&w minutes and rollover minutes on their Preferred Network FamilyTalk plans.

I hear they are going to launch a national mobile to mobile offering on Sunday the 10th and do a pick two of three promo like they did this time last year - 1. national mobile to mobile, 2. rollover, or 3. 3000 n&w. Or you can buy the third for an additional $10 a month.

7. pfp

pfp Senior Member

Just found out, we're gonnna hear tomorrow!

YAY, I've been dying to hear this.

If it's anything cool that I can talk about it, word'll be out tomorrow.

P [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Any word on this? Better airtime promotion? National mobile to mobile?

9. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

So, what's the word, folks? Does anyone have real information on this new Cingular promotion, or do we actually have to wait until it is "officially" announced? At least give us a hint... [​IMG]

Thanks,
    ATLguy

10. pfp

pfp Senior Member

Fam Plan Rollover..
    Fam Plan on CPN...
    NO NATIONAL M2M

2 Free months of SMS

Up here in NY, much less exciting than one would hope...

P

11. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

Do I hear a collective "Booooooooooooooooooooo!"? [​IMG] That's not a very exciting holiday promotion. But, then again, did we really expect all of the rumors to come true? Nationwide Mobile-to-Mobile? Unlimited SMS? Rollover on Nation plans? Nahhhh. Why do something exciting when you can just release a family plan... [​IMG]

Oh well ... I'm still a very satisfied Cingular customer, so I can't complain too much. It's just disappointing to see that all of the rumors about this "holiday promotion" didn't pan out...

Better luck next time.
    ATLguy