Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Googlemaps on BB bold 9700

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by Day5InJanuary, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    So i just downloaded the googlemaps app to my BB bold 9700 device. i re-booted and now cannot find the icon anywhere. its not in downloads or applications? i searched the phone and cant find it anywhere.. when i try re-downloading it it says it already exist in the phone? help! thank you

#1 Day5InJanuary, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Re: Goodlemaps on BB bold 9700

Interesting....it SHOULD be in the downloads folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Re: Goodlemaps on BB bold 9700

You didn't happen to "hide" any folders or the GM app by mistake, did you? Just to be sure do a *show all* from the menu.

If it doesn't appear go into settings > Options > Applications > Third Party, delete Google Maps from there and try reloading it. As Yamkees said it should show up in the Downloads Folder.

BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Thanks everyone. i did go to apps and delete it and re-installed it. it showed up and i found it in the downloads folder. but then i noticed as soon as it was downloaded the 2 incomin gout going arros on teh home screen the signal indicator never went away???? it was like google maps was riunning so i went into google maps and closed it out. but these arrows never went away. it was like G maps was continously trying to get data? i eventually just deleted google maps and the arrows stopped appearing all the time. i know those arrows appear when you are on the web or going to recieve a messafe 0r email or something. but they just never went away as soon as i down loaded that g maps app. my battery was starting to go down faster as well :( no g maps for me

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Interesting, I have Google Maps from the first day, it is quite possibly the first application I installed. :D

Can you try it once more, and if it starts to do the same thing, do a battery pull ie take out the battery while it is still on and leave it out for > 30 seconds and then put it back.

I do exit out of GM when I am done.

A dumb question but have you made sure it is the GM version for BB and for the right OS version?

BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102