Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Google Calendar syncing without a smartphone? (gCal app?)

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by pfp, Sep 13, 2010.

1. pfp

pfp Senior Member

So - right now, I have a Motorola flipphone which has more than met my needs for the two years I've had it. Out of contract, eligible for upgrade, got the $50 off letter now - about ready to bite and get a new phone, but REALLY don't want to spend $30 a month for a smartphone plan. I spend 95% of my time at work (not allowed to have the phone on) or at home (with a computer) and don't see a need to have a $30 bill for a smartphone for which I have no need.

I do want a phone that will sync with google calendar. I found an app called "gCal" that apparently will do just that on "java capable phones".

Is anyone familiar with Verizon "non-smartphones" that may be 'java capable' or 'java enabled'? Or, that just sync with Google Calendar without any apps

Also, has anyone tried this app?

Anything else I should know or consider?

EDIT: It appears verizon doesn't have $10-15 unlimited data on "dumb" phones like AT&T does - is this expected to be delivered with the anticipated changes when the LTE phones launch?

#1 pfp, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010