Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Good Nextel coverage

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Scrumhalf, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Took my Nextel B'Berry (work email, etc.) along with my iPhone on a trip to the Oregon coast - Portland to Newport and up north all the way to Astoria. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Nextel coverage was - better than AT&T. I remember standing right next to Lewis and Clark's fort at Fort Clatsop and felt the Nextel phone buzzing in my pocket with an incoming email. The iPhone was flatlined...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I do plan on moving back up to Oregon some day, so these reports are of great interest to me. :cool:

3. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Nexus 5X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Coverage on the main highways was good for both for the most part. The coastal range is a problem however. Both Highway 22/18 and Highway 26 had large swaths that were cellular no-man's land. I wonder if this will ever improve....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Nextel has always had good coverage along the Oregon/Washington Coast. It was one of the benefits that Sprint got out of the Nextel merger.

5. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Pssst, Cellumap for BlackBerry works on iDen:) Just point your BlackBerry browser to cellumap.com/ota to download it, and you can plot the iDen coverage on-line for all to see ;)