Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Good deal on 9800

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by 0oLakeShoreo0, Nov 8, 2005.

1. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    not bad, not bad. Do you like this phone yourself?

3. 0oLakeShoreo0

I don't have it :crying: my contract isn't up with Verizon yet. I'm stalking it online though, read a lot of CNet reviews and it seems awesome. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go qwerty or not for my next phone... Do you have it?

4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    No I don't, but it might be somethign I'd get for one of my other lines if it's a good phone. Three of my lines are able to upgrade within the next month.

5. 0oLakeShoreo0

Well then I'd definitely check it out. I've messed around with it and it's pretty cool, especially if you do a lot of texting or emailing. One of Verizon's cooler phones right now I think - and CNet shows no major problems with it. :browani:

6. Grizzld

Grizzld Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The phone's definitely "cool." I've had it for about 3 weeks and had absolutely no problems with it. That being said, I'm getting rid of it in favor of the 8100.

I've gotten so good at T9 that the QWERTY actually slows me down. I also find that my hands are too big for the buttons on the outside of the phone. When I try to use T9 with the phone closed, I make too many mistakes.

The 8100 is essentially the same phone without the QWERTY keyboard. The 8100 also feels better in my pocket, which is where I carry my phone 95% of the time.

This is all personal preference, though. If you know you want a phone with a QWERTY keyboard and don't mind the size too much, definitely get this phone. If not, get the 8100. In my opinion, they're both amazing.

7. Grizzld

Grizzld Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    One more note......

The 9800 is FAR superior if you use a lot of symbols and numbers in your text messages/emails. Typing in symbols and such is much easier on the 9800 than switching menus every time on T9.

8. 0oLakeShoreo0

Cool, thanks for posting that. I see what you're saying about the numbers and symbols texting. I too have heard great things about both phones, seems like you can't go wrong! I need to get to Verizon soon and do a side by side comparison...