Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Good-bye Kyocera 7135 and VZW

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by CaptainLoose, Aug 3, 2003.

1. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As a long-time user of a 6035 and VZW, I was anxious to buy the new 7135. I even kept my account open at VZW to try it (also using Sprint). I really need a palm/phone combo but this one just didn't do it for me. First, the battery life is lame...I had an emergency situation and needed my phone available overnight...it barely made it until 4:00AM...it won't last more than a day w/o a charge even with limited conversation lengths. Second, I found the voice quailty poor; constantly found myself asking people to repeat themselves. Thirdly, the numeric keypad is hard to use w/ one hand and even w/ two the numbers are hard to press at times. It was great to synch up all my numbers and info but, bottom line is that it is supposed to be phone!

Add this to my growing preference for Sprint's lower cost (for high minutes w/ free and clear), ease of use, voice mail, web site, etc. and its good-bye VZW too!

I'll be heading to the Sprint store for a new i500 soon...anyone have use/experience w/ it?[​IMG]

2. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    You'll be back, they always come back!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kyousif

kyousif Junior Member

Try the Samsung that rocks. My buddy has one. Personally im hating all the Krapocera oops Kyocera phones I have or have used. I just got rid of 1 2235 for a LGVX4400 best thing I did. 1 down 2 Krapocera's to go.

4. zen2b1

zen2b1 New Member

Sour Grapes....You people just don't get it. I have used the 6035 for 3 years and now the 7135 for 3 months. It rocks. The 1X data service is unbeatable. I have a spare batt for the short life and extra chargers everywhere I go to make it an easy fix. No one has anything close to this phone. I have a 512 mb smart card and with my Quickoffice software I take all my files, pictures, spreadsheets, outlook mail and full web browsing with me anywhere. So don't tell me the buttons are hard to push. You just need to get a grip on yourself and stop whining.

5. RedDog205

RedDog205 New Member

Amen zen2b1, I totally agree. I have been using the Samsung SPH-i300 on SprintPCS and before that I had to lug around a Moto TimePort 935, a Samsung SCH-200, a Palm V with the Nortel/OmniSky modem and a Rio 500 MP3 player. I am so much happier now with the Kyocera 7135 with a SanDisk 256MB SD card, I could just squat.

6. PatP

PatP Junior Member

Interesting! I've pretty much got my choice of both carriers and cell phones, and the 7135 on Verizon is the best choice for me that I've seen so far.

I'm sure that everyone has different needs and wants, so there are lots of choices (and it seems like there are more every day). I guess whatever makes people happy!

-PatP

7. DG

DG Junior Member

Samsung i600 is the new King-of-the-Hill. W-a-a-a-a-y out front of the 7135 or the i500.

8. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Surprised to see that this Thread is still alive! It may last longer than the 7135! lol

To Zen.... and Reddog: Thanks for your opinions. Now, go away. I like PatP's better. I was merely reporting my experience with the 7135 and, contrary to predictions, I no longer own it. I loved the phone but, hey, if you can't get a signal in your home and people can't understand you (I tried two separate phones), why should I keep it? I didn't have this problem w/ my v60i in the same locations. I'm only interested in: first, a phone, second, palm or similar functionality for my contacts, calendar and pc synch. Software, browsing, videos, etc. are things I look for in a PC, not a phone.

To DG, I looked at the i600 at the VZW store but I haven't heard much good about it in the various forums. I think I'll hold off awhile.

I still think VZW provides, all things considered, the best signal and coverage. But, at the time of my original post, they only offered one palm phone and it didn't meet my needs. The new i600 is not yet proven and I'm skeptical that one can do all the things needed to take advantage of contacts and calendar w/o a stylus. I'll see how its received.

Interestingly, I used to use an old Palm V and a simple cell phone and I didn't have all these concerns. My problems all started when the Palm battery (not replacable) died and color LCD's became available on cell phones. Its a consumer consipracy!

9. Rockhound

Rockhound Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola V750 (myself)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Kyocera 7135 looks like a nice phone. I currently use a Palm m515 with an Audiovox CDM-9155 to surf the web on VZW. Would be nice to do it all with only one device! Lets see now - New Every Two is 10 months away...

10. CoolSeriy

CoolSeriy New Member

Samsung i600 so far is the best phone is available for both Phone & PDA functions! The only drawback is there is no stylus. You have to use the navigation keys on the keypad. The i600 has Smartphone 2002 OS.

11. Suliman

Suliman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Katana (2)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Millenicom
    Hey Captain,

I'll give you $100.00 for that POS 7135. [​IMG]

Suliman

12. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You're too late...already turned it in w/in my 15 day trial...